Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

128Mb VPS in a few places for private VPN use
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

128Mb VPS in a few places for private VPN use

FatboyFatboy Member
edited January 2017 in General

Afternoon all - I seem to coming back here quite a bit lately on the lookout for some recommendations so apologies!

Looking to set up private VPNs for 5 or 6 people to use across a few different countries (anywhere considered, want a good spread). Assuming that 128Mb boxes will do for that - not heavy going, just browsing mainly but looking for boxes that will be up when needed!

Again, price isn't the top priority, rather have a dependable host and would like to pay a year up front as long as the price isn't silly and the host looks dependable (thats where your recommendations come in again!)

Already looking at the NAT box side of life so looking for other providers.

Cheers all!

Comments

• We are currently offering VPS for only £10 a year, they are small but will suit your needs, Located in London, LookingGlass: http://lg.piohost.co.uk

Thanked by 1Fatboy
  • rpcoperpcope Member
    edited January 2017

I've done something similar (big global VPN, many nodes joined together). I'm using small VPSes from all three of the providers in my sig to be at the "hub", and I've been super happy with them. RamNode in particular is the most stable (but most expensive), but you can't go wrong with HostUS or VirMach honestly, and the prices for all three are real reasonable with excellent support for the price band they exist in. I have found 128MB works nicely for OpenVPN + Quagga (RIPv2) + dnsmasq + munin-node + special sauce for auth and DNS distribution between nodes, but if you want to do more it might be worth going for a little more memory (and sometimes the amount of bandwidth offered for small servers isn't quite enough either).

Thanked by 2Fatboy AlexanderM
  • IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2017

Hello,

Our Public cloud is available in France, Germany, US, Singapore and Netherlands.

Starts from 3.20 $ / month but hourly billed.

Visit our Public Cloud page

Edit : Native VPN

Thanked by 1Fatboy
  • We can offer you $7.99/year for 128MB ram, 2GB SSD & 500GB Bandwidth on US & Canada. On UK 128MB ram, 3GB SSD & 1TB Bandwidth for $11.99/year.

Thanked by 1Fatboy
  • @Ikoula said:
    Hello,

Our Public cloud is available in France, Germany, US, Singapore and Netherlands.

Thanks for that - Singapore looks interesting!

@tcvlydia said:
    We can offer you $7.99/year for 128MB ram, 2GB SSD & 500GB Bandwidth on US & Canada. On UK 128MB ram, 3GB SSD & 1TB Bandwidth for $11.99/year.

Thanks but I have the US and Canada sorted for now although I may be back if I need some more US nodes!

• tcvlydiatcvlydia Member
    edited January 2017

@Fatboy said:

@Ikoula said:
    Hello,

Thanks for that - Singapore looks interesting!

@tcvlydia said:
    We can offer you $7.99/year for 128MB ram, 2GB SSD & 500GB Bandwidth on US & Canada. On UK 128MB ram, 3GB SSD & 1TB Bandwidth for $11.99/year.

Thanks but I have the US and Canada sorted for now although I may be back if I need some more US nodes!

Okay sir. If you want you can try this UK VPS https://tcvcloud.com/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=57

• WSSWSS Member

@tcvlydia said:
    Okay sir. If you want you can try this UK VPS https://tcvcloud.com/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=57

Is it wrong that for $1/yr, I am thinking it'd be worth chewing up an IP for under $0.09/mo?

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Check our DeepNetSolutions 128mb plans.

Https://www.deepnetsolutions.com

Thanked by 1Fatboy
  • WSSWSS Member
    edited January 2017

@davidgestiondbi said:

You got any 32MB/4GB KVMs w/ IDE, ne2k? :D

(Of course I'd need to be able to mount my own ISO or have some way of netcatting dd direct to the disk).

• @Jack said:
    @Fatboy Manchester for £15/year :)

That may be worth a shout, have a London one but not one in Manchester!

@davidgestiondbi said:

Https://www.deepnetsolutions.com

Already bought a couple with you - cracking for the price as well :)

• proximaproxima Member
    edited January 2017

Sorry. Link works now

• godtorgodtor Member, Host Rep

Hi @Fatboy , if Romania is a good location for you checkout https://natvps.net (use coupon NATLET30 to get a 30% YEARLY discount), NAT VPS from 5,95 Euro / Year with unmetered bandwidth & DDoS Protected.

Thanked by 1Fatboy
  • @Fatboy Just wondering if you are "Fatboy" from OTland?

• @Ympker said:
    @Fatboy Just wondering if you are "Fatboy" from OTland?

I don't know what OTland is so I would say no :D

• @Fatboy said:

@Ympker said:
    @Fatboy Just wondering if you are "Fatboy" from OTland?

I don't know what OTland is so I would say no :D

Aha xD Np :P It is another forum :D