Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AboveClouds.co.uk is down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AboveClouds.co.uk is down

mtsbatalhamtsbatalha Member
edited January 2017 in Outages

My servers with this provider is down

This guys just offer a email adress (without any ticket system) for support enquiries on your website and they don't answer my emails about this situation.

Do you can please check @Jacob?

Thanked by 1Jacob

Comments

• Website seems up though...

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

Its loading fine. Try to clear your browser cache.

• @XiNiX said:
    Its loading fine. Try to clear your browser cache.

He said his servers are down not the website :)

Thanked by 1mtsbatalha
  • confirmed, @Jacob hopefully updates us!

Thanked by 2mtsbatalha Jacob
  • There was a power outage at 0800 this morning, the generator set sustained the load for a number of hours until around 1200 and then there was a fault, engineers had been called out to the Coventry site and arrived at 1500, the fault was resolved with the generators at 1800.

Western Power had restored the power at 8 PM GMT.

Sorry about this but it was out of my control, we do have A+B feeds but it obviously isn't very resilient.

Only a small portion of our servers had been affected as the power outage was limited to Data Hall 2.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • @Jacob said:
    There was a power outage at 0800 this morning, the generator set sustained the load for a number of hours until around 1200 and then there was a fault, engineers had been called out to the Coventry site and arrived at 1500, the fault was resolved with the generators at 1800.

Sorry about this but it was out of my control, we do have A+B feeds but it obviously isn't very resilient.

Only a small portion of our servers had been affected as the power outage was limited to Data Hall 2.

Okay thanks.

Do you can please implement a ticket system for solve problems like that with a easy way?

Thanks!

• Was this with UKServers?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Generator failure affecting a single data hall ? What system do you use ?

Thanked by 1mtsbatalha
  • @mtsbatalha said:

@Jacob said:
    There was a power outage at 0800 this morning, the generator set sustained the load for a number of hours until around 1200 and then there was a fault, engineers had been called out to the Coventry site and arrived at 1500, the fault was resolved with the generators at 1800.

Okay thanks.

Do you can please implement a ticket system for solve problems like that with a easy way?

Thanks!

It is due to be implemented within the next control panel release.

• @Clouvider said:
    Generator failure affecting a single data hall ? What system do you use ?

I'm interested to know too...

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2017

@jacob

AboveClouds seems down again? Any maintenance in progress?

• Clouvider said: Generator failure affecting a single data hall ? What system do you use ?

• Still down ? that does not seems good for business got any update from them.

• A + B power feeds are useless if they're fed from the same supply lol.

• YuraYura Member
    edited May 2017

@ratherbak3d said:
    A + B power feeds are useless if they're fed from the same supply lol.

Check out my patent pending super reliable A + B + C power system

Available for pre-order

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • Bo98Bo98 Member
    edited May 2017

I'm surprised they were still going considering the company got dissolved via compulsory strike-off.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • JacobJacob Member

If your VM is offline then please send an email to the support email address provided. (Support [at] aboveclouds.co.uk)

Thank you

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Bo98 said:
    I'm surprised they were still going considering the company got dissolved via compulsory strike-off.

Interesting find.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Nekki said:

@Bo98 said:

Interesting find.

Indeed. Company number still displayed on the website.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@Bo98 said:

Thank you for the info. I did not know it. Oh well... it was nice while my servers lasted (a few weeks that is).

Indeed, it seems the company got disolved on February 28 2017.

Sorry for you @Jacob. I shall not bother you by e-mail. I understand it, explanations are not required. Good luck.

• JacobJacob Member

We're still very much trading just not under the Ltd, I've decided to focus on our managed services although we're still welcoming self managed customers.

If your virtual machine is offline please send an email to the support email address and we'll get it sorted :)

• sibapersibaper Member

He just ignoring everyone

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2017

@sibaper said:

I did not try to contact him. I deleted all my servers. Company is dissolved, servers were put down without notice, so there is nothing to negotiate. With respect (for Jacob Robinson), I am abandoning this ship.

• @default said:

@sibaper said:

I did not try to contact him. I deleted all my servers. Company is dissolved, servers were put down without notice, so there is nothing to negotiate. With respect, I am abandoning this ship.

Fair response. I did like AboveClouds never tried it but was on my list. I highly doubt I'll use it now. Will stick with Devcapsule, Vultr and DO