Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for DC in UK for colocation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for DC in UK for colocation

I'm looking for recommendations on a relatively cheap but stable DC in the UK that provides colocation services and hopefully with 24x7 support (all the DC's I found provide support only within business hours with charges for out of hours support).

By support I mean things like connecting a KVM if needed for example.

Comments

• What is your budget?

What DCs have you looked at? Most in the UK are 24/7.

• Clouvider seems to have a good reputation for single server colo.

Might want to speak to Jon at NorthHosts too, he seems like a nice guy.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Budget ? Location?

Happy to help in London ;-)

• @Jack said:
    What is your budget?

What DCs have you looked at? Most in the UK are 24/7.

Yes seems i've been looking into the wrong DC's maybe as they all talk about support within business hours.

@Clouvider said:
    Budget ? Location?

Happy to help in London ;-)

Location would be London preferably, budget is somewhat flexible at around 70GBP/month for 1U colo just to provide a starting base. I'll PM you though with further details.

• If you want budget colo we can offer it from £20 per month.
    Jon

• Yes we do, out of hours is call out. However it's free. We also provide perminent kvm if needed.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2017

zafouhar said: I'm looking for recommendations on a relatively cheap but stable DC in the UK

I know it is hard to take someones word as absolute, but having used 5 DC's in the UK and 8 in Europe I can say absolutely hands down in terms of attitude, support, general quality and professionalism that you just wont beat @Clouvider

They just 'get it' and the network is vastly superior to any of the similarly priced or even more expensive DC's

You can test the network with my LG if you want http://lg1.inceptionhosting.com

I had some suspected faulty ram in one of my servers (despite passing all tests that was all it could be) the Dom literally drove to a local supplier and swapped it for me within a few hours just to confirm or deny that was the problem which he was under no obligation to do but did it because it mattered to me.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • J1021J1021 Member
    edited January 2017

AnthonySmith said: Dom literally drove to a local supplier and swapped it for me within a few hours

I wouldn't expect any provider I've used to go to this length, as they should be keeping spares on-site.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2017

Thank you very much for the very kind words @AnthonySmith. Really appreciate :-)!

@kcaj said:

AnthonySmith said: Dom literally drove to a local supplier and swapped it for me within a few hours

I wouldn't expect any provider I've used to go to this length, as they should be keeping spares on-site.

Not if one needs a different model of a very particular specification and the entire set of it to eliminate a distant possibility, just in case. The Customer satisfaction, and so uptime, is of paramount importance to us.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • Only on let can someone get criticized for doing a good job

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@kcaj said:

Yep I needed something different and not kept on site.

• kcaj said: I wouldn't expect any provider I've used to go to this length, as they should be keeping spares on-site.

For dedicated servers sure, isn't this about co-location? Maybe I'm missing something.