Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need Italy vps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I need Italy vps

ttsaonttsaon Member
edited January 2017 in Requests

any good provider?
kvm or xen

Comments

• Prometeus KVM/Xen, ArubaCloud VMware/Hyper-V, maybe also SeFlow/DomFlow albeit with some reservations

• You should try http://www.seflow.net/, good prices and DDoS protection if you need it.

• Aruba, 1€ per month

• go with prometeus, which is the best provider i have ever used (still am), including the higher end ones.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited January 2017

Prometeus, Prometeus, Prometeus.
    https://prometeus.net/

• Prometeus & Aruba Cloud.

• I used Prometeus but not good

• @ttsaon said:
    I used Prometeus but not good

What was not good with Prometeus?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

As an Italian by heritage, I felt compelled to fix the title of this thread :)

Thanked by 3bersy vimalware Amitz
  • register.it such alternative to mentioned

• Prometeus if you need over 1GB ram.

Else get the Arubacloud 1Euro special

• vimalware said: Arubacloud 1Euro special

1Euro regular sounds more correct ;)

• I always liked Prometeus on the technical side but now I will try aruba. Two reasons, a smaller one being that MaoUnique shattered my trust in Prometeus, and a bigger one being that Prometeus seems to have left the LET zone with their pricing.

So, thanks for the Aruba tip!

• Um, just a side note, the OP asked for KVM / XEN and Aruba is neither of these. It uses VMWare instead. Not sure if this is important to the OP, but since he was specific in asking for KVM/XEN, I figured it worth mentioning.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • mfsmfs Banned, Member

I've been a Prometeus customer for several years and I've used different products they offer, all of them are top notch. I haven't ever used an Aruba VPS since the company actually has a bad name here (despite the fact they made their way into the public administration's IT, too often displaying the tendency to cut costs at the expense of quality) and whilst I'm not surprised they're attracting foreigners with their cheap servers, I'm overwhelmed with the amount of recommendation this provider gets here. It's pretty confusing, I've dealt too much with them for other kind of services and based on those experiences, I wouldn't recommend them to my fiercest enemy. By the way, the prices (VAT excluded) for italian customers (and only for them) are wildly different (for the worse): compare yourselves cloud.it with arubacloud.{fr,com} and so on for the "Cloud server smart" product ( e.g. https://www.arubacloud.com/cloud-computing/prices.aspx and https://www.cloud.it/cloud-computing/calcola-costo-cloud.aspx ). I haven't even investigated why, when aruba gets mentioned there's a little /dev/null in the back of my mind that says "feed me"

• @mfs aruba has 1 euro servers which are fine for many tasks - thats why people often suggest them. Yes their larger servers become more expensive and other options at that point may be more appealing, but a 1 euro server with a company that is more than one person that offers 5 locations and hasnt been ripped to shreds for downtime is a pretty decent deal.

• Yep but usually XEN/KVM translates to either quality of service (no brutal overselling) and/or to other OSs than a given linux. Aruba offers that so I think the fact that it's vmware based isn't of much importance.

• Someone tried Register.it VPS hosting 5 EUR review?

register.it/server/virtual.html

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

@OhMyMy
    For italian customers the prices are 4.99€/12.99€/24.99€/49.99€. Without VAT. For a limited time there's a "promotion" on the 4.99€ servers so the price is 2.49€, this is allegedly the same product international customers get at 1€.
    For other customers (european or not, without VAT) the prices are 1€/6.50€/12.50€/25€. To me this doesn't even make sense, but then again, it's aruba

Thanked by 1OhMyMy
  • @mfs

Why are you hitting on Aruba? Their web site mentions 99.95% availability and it also mentions that's for the vps pro. After all, what does one expect from a 1€/month vps?

Also you say that Aruba is known as lousy around here. Can you offer any evidence other someone (like you) anonymously asserting that?

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited January 2017

@ttsaon said:

if you want a VM in italy check that https://www.domflow.it/cloud.php

Will be H.A. enviroment based on onAPP with default 10Gbps ddos mitigation ( https://www.domflow.it/ddosprotection.php ), external firewall configuration, ipv6 and internal network support. Onclick APP ( https://www.domflow.it/oneclick.php ), container support, 1gbps uplink, Ability to setup BGP for own IPs, custom ISO installation, free DNS anycast, CDN content support

Soon avaiable:

• Windows 2016 support
    • Import existing VM from OVAs

If you want try contact register on https://www.domflow.it/register.php then contact me to matteob[at]seflow.net and i will give you free 5€ credit to test.

Regards

• mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited January 2017

@bsdguy I'm not "hitting" anyone, I've expressed sincere surprise. There's plenty of (verified) customer reviews for aruba as a group, usually in italian language. They have a long history in the hosting and PEC (certified mail) businesses and they gained their fame this way (not among the general public, usually among the guys in charge to deal with them and work with them). They are relatively new in the cloud dept. and I've expressed my own opinion based on my own experience with other products they offer (as I stated), take it or leave it. I'm not here to "hit" anyone and I won't ever be dragged in a discussion where I have to provide anything but my own opinion. I've incidentally noted that "their web site" mentions different things for different customers, price for starters (there's no 1€ for italian prospective customers) and I can't be bothered to make sense of it.

• Maybe I can help you making sense of it:

It's by no means atypical for large national ISPs to drain and mistreat their local clients but offer reasonable or even good service and conditions for clients from somewhere else.

It's always the same story repeating. a) the market makes the "law" and b) a player that is big locally becomes a small one on the international stage.

• For me personally no aruba anymore ever. Had issues with getting cpu time (less than 0.1 load, multiple hours at a time), asked support about it, they told me the node had high cpu usage and I'd have to upgrade to their pro plans for guaranteed cpu allocation.

Moving me to another node was also not an option according to the support team.

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited January 2017

ArubaCloud, Prometheus...> @teamacc said:

For me personally no aruba anymore ever. Had issues with getting cpu time (less than 0.1 load, multiple hours at a time), asked support about it, they told me the node had high cpu usage and I'd have to upgrade to their pro plans for guaranteed cpu allocation.

Yep, noticed the same thing, CPU gets throttled after a few hours when doing some heavy duty. But, hey, who cares if/when it suxx. It's 1€. One effing euro, people.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

ttsaon said: I used Prometeus but not good

Then your expectations are to high, Prometeus are by FAR the best host in Italy so you will only be more unhappy elsewhere.

I would however say that Italy is one of the worst countries in western Europe for hosting in general, possibly Spain or Portugal is worse but not much in it.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @Shot2 said:
    ArubaCloud, Prometheus...> @teamacc said:

For me personally no aruba anymore ever. Had issues with getting cpu time (less than 0.1 load, multiple hours at a time), asked support about it, they told me the node had high cpu usage and I'd have to upgrade to their pro plans for guaranteed cpu allocation.

Yep, noticed the same thing, CPU gets throttled after a few hours when doing some heavy duty. But, hey, who cares if/when it suxx. It's 1€. One effing euro, people.

This wasn't some heavy duty, just needed 10% or less of a single core, vps couldn't deliver that even.

• Update on Aruba

I now have their small 1@/month vmware thingy (Mostly I wanted to test BSD on vmware).

My first impression is quite positive. Quite responsive and nice that thingy.

But there is an ugly "but" -> Their carrier is shitty. traceroute shows about 50 ms (!!!) from DeCix to aruba. That carrier (called "Wind") is a joke. How they waste 50 ms inside Italy is puzzling.

Comparison: Prometeus going over Paris (a considerable side step) is about 40 ms faster to reach than Aruba. Level3 bridges Paris-Milano in about 10 ms while Wind needs almost 30 ms from Frankfurt to somewhere in Italy and then makes another 4 hops inside Italy eating up another 20 ms.

Now, granted, Milano is geographically and internet-wise much better placed than aruba in who-knows-where but still, that difference is ridiculous.
    For comparison: my packets travel from the same FRA,DE router to Russia (!!) in about 20 ms (which almost certainly means going via Stockholm).

Aruba, you have a somewhat exotic but nice and usable web panel and it seems quite nice VPSs - but hell, get rid of Wind and find yourself a professional carrier!

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

https://hostslick.com/cart.php?gid=39

Our KVM VPS are located in Milan, italy