Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many hosting providers are there?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How many hosting providers are there?

I know there is no correct number but just vote what you think. Also if you have an source someone who tried to count them post it please.

Poll not found

Comments

• Don't EIG own around 50% of the market at the moment? They have something like 7/8million clients across there brands

Thanked by 1Hxxx
    • WHTWHT Member

@MSPNick said:
      Don't EIG own around 50% of the market at the moment? They have something like 7/8million clients across there brands

I dont think that overall are 15 million clients.

• @WHT said:

@MSPNick said:
      Don't EIG own around 50% of the market at the moment? They have something like 7/8million clients across there brands

I dont think that overall are 15 million clients.

Oh of course haha. Just re read what I just said! I mean it's a massive industry and all! :)

I tried to vote fartmother but it clustered on me :(

Thanked by 2WHT Hxxx
    • @WHT said:
      I know there is no correct number but just vote what you think. Also if you have an source someone who tried to count them post it please.

Do the needful

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Thanked by 1deadbeef
    • I'm sure hostbill, whmcs, and clientexec have a good grasp of how many providers are out there

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
    • fartmother not found.

Thanked by 3Waldo19 deadbeef Hxxx
    • OnApp_TerryOnApp_Terry Member
      edited January 2017

@MSPNick said:

I would guesstimate, worldwide, EIG probably only has a few percentage of shared hosting clients. In the USA, I still don't think they're above 10%. Hosting is still very fragmented, especially with so many different small, regional niche providers.

I can tell you, we've spoke with roughly 60,000 different providers, and we're still talking to new people each day, especially in the emerging markets. Caveat being, some of these may be people who had an idea & name, but never signed a single client.

Edit: It looks like EIG has about 5.5 million customers - http://seekingalpha.com/article/4017709-endurance-international-group-holdings-inc-2016-q3-results-earnings-call-slides

• WHTWHT Member

I believe there are min. 300.000 out there.

• Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

My calculations say 1729

Thanked by 1deadbeef
    • Just think if you would count resellers aswell.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

What do you classify as a hosting provider? Someone like Buyshared will have 1000s of hosting resellers all of whom will be hosting providers in a way. Then you have web design, web development, system integrators, app developers who all offer hosting on the side. I believe there aren't that many companies focused only on hosting, or hosting being there primary source of income.

Ishan

Thanked by 1Waldo19
    • HannanHannan Member, Host Rep

I would say definitely more than 1 million. There are many local or small hosting companies which offering different solutions.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Thanked by 2Dustlab deadbeef
    • I'm interested to know why you're asking the question when you're clearly aware you're not going to get a vaguely accurate answer.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
    • @nekki most likely its so he can signature spam or regale us with his estimate of 300000 with absolutely no supporting evidence

• WHTWHT Member
      edited January 2017

@OhMyMy said:
      @nekki most likely its so he can signature spam or regale us with his estimate of 300000 with absolutely no supporting evidence

Princess, why should I not ask and why should I not post because of my signature? Who the hell are you to make rules here?

• just posted an opinion

• There are a lot many companies and new budding companies are also coming in. Imagine how many reseller accounts may each company have.

• @WHT said:
      Princess, why should I not ask and why should I not post because of my signature? Who the hell are you to make rules here?

I still wouldn't mind an answer to my question.

• I'd say there's between 1 and ∞

• WHTWHT Member

@Nekki said:

@WHT said:

I was planning to create a website where hosting providers can add their offers. Just wanted to know how many providers are in the targed. Also just for information.

• Do a top 42.

No one wants to look at a thousand item list

• @WHT said:

@Nekki said:

@WHT said:

I was planning to create a website where hosting providers can add their offers. Just wanted to know how many providers are in the targed. Also just for information.

What use is the info when you know it's inaccurate?

• its 603453.8 to be accurate.

WHT member directory, if exists could give you a hint

• perryoo11perryoo11 Member
      edited January 2017

Too many to count

Just already lost at the count of 1.

• WHTWHT Member

@Nekki said:

@WHT said:

@Nekki said:

@WHT said:

What use is the info when you know it's inaccurate?

I was googling to find some number but nothing to find. I thought maybe someone could provide more informations. But seems fartmather is the best answer for my question.

Thanked by 1Hxxx