Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Smallest & cheapest possible KVM vps out there.. Offers welcome.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Smallest & cheapest possible KVM vps out there.. Offers welcome.

akbakb Member
edited February 2013 in Offers

Hi,

My first post here. Avid reader but a reluctant writer :) Been using VPSes since the days of BSD jails & UML. Seen the birth and gradual makeover (for good or bad ??) of LEB & LET. I have more than dozen OpenVZ LEBs with different providers. But for a small development work of mine I request you guys to point me to the cheapest KVM box out there. Either I am not doing it right or search facility on this forum is quite limited.

Ram: doesn't matter (anything which can run a bare, trimmed down Debian OS is good)
CPU: doesn't matter
Disk: doesn't matter
B/w: doesn't matter
Price: DOES MATTER. REALLY. Need the absolute cheapest possible thing out there with some sense of reliability also.

Thanks in advance for your assistance..

-Regards,
AKB

Comments

• I think you have bigger RAM requirements than you might think, why would you want a VPS that can run nothing but the OS?

• arieonlinearieonline Member
    edited February 2013

FRH

LET Only KVM-256 256MB RAM 5GB SSD Cached Disk 500GB Transfer 1.60 with FRH40 Direct Code Link!

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/7440

• gubbytegubbyte Member
    edited February 2013

@akb said: absolute cheapest possible
    @akb said: some sense of reliability

It's either one or the other, my good sir. My suggestion to you is to find employment.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited February 2013

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/7682/the-ipxcore-kvm-beta-test-debut-introduction-commencement-arrival-2-for-512mb-for-30-days

Once it's 'live', beta testers will get a coupon that makes the price somewhere around $5/month.

@akb said: search facility on this forum is quite limited.

It is, the search function here is completely terrible. You can search the site by entering your query in Google, then appending site:lowendtalk.com to the end.

• @gubbyte said: It's either one or the other, my good sir. My suggestion to you is to find employment.

Thanks for the useless suggestion. My introductory lines should have given you the idea that I know what I am looking for. I have no reason to believe in "you get what you pay for" as the best providers I have been using for many years now are the ones easiest on my pocket. You won't face any issues if you are careful enough in selection from a plethora of budget providers.

Seems like something that will do for me. Thanks.

@Damian said: Once it's 'live', beta testers will get a coupon that makes the price somewhere around $5/month.

Thanks Damian. Will consider it.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 2013

We have a 256 mb one for 19 pounds a year, about 2.5 $ a month in today's quotation.
    Features worth mention:
    8 GB pure SSD
    1 TB monthly traffic on 1 gbps port.
    https://my.iperweb.com/cart/low-end-vps/
    Looking in the past, Prometeus KVM were quite reliable, we didnt have reboots or crashes on these nodes.

• DeanDean Member
    edited February 2013

@Maounique - nice plans!

• See our website for KVM plans.

• +1 for BlueVM. I have a little 128MB KVM there that has proven to be very reliable. I doubt you'll find anyone to beat $1.99/month regular price...

• sleddogsleddog Member
    edited February 2013

Dup, sorry. Flakey network tonight.