Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Was both LET and LEB down for a bit this morning?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Was both LET and LEB down for a bit this morning?

zhuanyizhuanyi Member
edited January 2013 in General

Anyone knows what happened?

Website currently unavailable

The website you are trying to access is currently unavailable. Please try again at a later time.
If you are the site owner, here is a help resource to help resolve the issue.

Comments

• It was down for me too and I checked with multiple locations so yep, down for all.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I got Bad gateway so was down.

• it's back up now

who cares

• LEB and LET were both down; LET timed out or something and LEB went to a Cloudflare down page way earlier then went to 502 later.

• @gubbyte said: who cares

Apparently me and the OP for two, that's why the thread was made.

• @gubbyte said: who cares

Honestly I almost don't recall a single day that I have internet and not going to LET for at least once a day :)

Just want to figure out what happened since there is no major controversy on LET/LEB recently that warrant some skids to DDOS the site...let's hope it is just a random hardware failure or something...

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

@zhuanyi If you went to a Cloudflare page, chances are it wasn't a DDOS unless someone obtained the IP for the actual server.

• unusedunused Member
    edited January 2013

Down for at least 2 hours for me - went to cloudflare and died. Now it's going to direct.

Edit: LET is back to cloudflare it seems, LEB is on direct-connect

• @RobertJFClarke said: If you went to a Cloudflare page, chances are it wasn't a DDOS unless someone obtained the IP for the actual server.

I think if the DDOS is large enough, CF will automatically kick the website out to protect its own network...

• @zhuanyi said: I think if the DDOS is large enough, CF will automatically kick the website out to protect its own network...

If its SYN they will boot you for 50k PPS, for UDP they can handle quite a lot, upto 5gbps or even more.

• @RobertJFClarke said: @zhuanyi If you went to a Cloudflare page, chances are it wasn't a DDOS unless someone obtained the IP for the actual server.

It is too easy to find out an ip behind cloudflare.

• @taronyu said: It is too easy to find out an ip behind cloudflare.

Not if you remove the A record for direct.domain.tld right? Is there any other way to find out the direct IP?

• @zhuanyi said: Not if you remove the A record for direct.domain.tld right? Is there any other way to find out the direct IP?

google.com

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

Well, at first I thought something wrong with my IP... or may be blacklisted by LET server firewall :P.
    Good to see it back.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Calling @Chief to answer, he is probably the only one who could answer it.

• Down few hours. Maybe almost 4hrs

@Voss
    You sure?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Voss said: @MikHo: Liam should know something about it.

Most likely not in this case.

• @jcaleb said: Down few hours. Maybe almost 4hrs

According to someone it was down for nearly 10 hours.

• @zhuanyi said: Not if you remove the A record for direct.domain.tld right? Is there any other way to find out the direct IP?

I'm not really into it but there are cloudflare resolvers. How they exactly work I don't know.

• @MikHo said: Calling @Chief to answer, he is probably the only one who could answer it.

Yes,he can only answer what was the issue with the site.I tried many times,got ngix error page

@Ishaq
    Not as long as 10 hours, somewhere around 2-4 hours would my guess be

• It was down roughly from 9:30-16:00 CET so ~6 hours

• @gsrdgrdghd said: It was down roughly from 9:30-16:00 CET so ~6 hours

I can confirm this.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@gsrdgrdghd said: It was down roughly from 9:30-16:00 CET so ~6 hours

No wonder I didn't notice it; school time. My 2nd day going to school and not going on LET/LEB..

Guess I was busy working then :)

• Yep, sites were down for quite a while. It was about my bed time, so I stopped noticing after an hour or so of outage.

Wonder what happened?

Saw the gateway errors, which usually means Nginx can't talk to the real backend server.