Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OpenITC KVM VPS in Maidenhead, UK now with full IPv6 support! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OpenITC KVM VPS in Maidenhead, UK now with full IPv6 support!

2»

Comments

• @sean
    Do you have similar promo/price for your Xen VPS?

• @sean

Would be great if you could open a US location :)

Also, as AstroProfundis asked, can you assign swap space during the install to the HDD, or is there a secondary small HDD just for swap to use for this?

Also, anyone know, if using paypal as a US citizen to order this, would you just pay the GBP to USD exchange rate only or are there any other fees added?

• Hello,

We offer Xen VPS with DDoS protection + lots of transfer in the US however our focus is strongly on the UK. Currently, you only receive one HDD where your swap resides.

I'm not too sure regarding the PayPal question - you will need to ask PayPal or other US customers.

Regards,
    Sean McRobbie
    OpenITC.co.uk

• XeiXei Member

I only have US based LEBs so far but since I've read so many great things about XenVZ's uptime/availability that I'm ordering one. :)

• XeiXei Member
    edited January 2013

Had to laugh when I got this... a first for me:

Based on your particulars, your order has been flagged for manual review by a member of staff. Once approved, an invoice will be raised and sent out by email.

Though this typically takes only a few hours, it may take longer depending on third party background checks. In the event of delay, please do not contact us for an order update until at least 72 hours have passed.

I completely understand the reasons for flagging orders if they are suspect but yeah, my 'particulars' have never been considered flag worthy before. Minor nuisance but not a big deal. :)

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited January 2013

@Xei said: I completely understand the reasons for flagging orders if they are suspect but yeah, my 'particulars' have never been considered flag worthy before. Minor nuisance but not a big deal. :)

Same here. Maybe they flag all new clients for manual review to prevent spammers/abusers. Anyway, I'm glad they are careful. Sometimes my VPS is set up the second I paid, while I just signed up (and wasn't a former client). That wories me more :)

• Beware they do not follow there own TOS and they do not adhere to there own 14 days refund policy. They do not have valid VAT id and they collect VAT from people.