Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

connect NAT ip VPS via VNC server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

connect NAT ip VPS via VNC server

Hello guys,
i have NAT ip vps server and i need to connect it via VNC server and i installed Gnome desktop, Tightvnc server and done the all configuration but when i start vncserver it out put 764:1 and how to connect via VNC server for NAT IP vps help me guys,
thank you

Comments

• you should change the default vncserver port.
    open the file /usr/bin/vncserver as root (or sudo) with your favorite text editor. Scroll down to see the line:

$vncPort = 5900 + $displayNumber;

Change 5900 to one of the assigned port given by your provider, save the file, stop and restart the vnc service.

Thanked by 1iamjoker
  • Replace the [port] with your provider assigned for your vps. And then run this via ssh

vncserver :[port]

Thanked by 1iamjoker
  • Sorry how can i open this file to edit i only have ssh access i don't no to access it via graphical view

• dailydaily Member
    edited September 2016

This guy is a provider?

• hello daily i don't use NAT IP vps and never provide for my customers. just trying it how works and trying to learn before provide others

• dailydaily Member
    edited September 2016

No seriously, you don't know how to edit a file while SSH'd into a machine?

• you know sometimes it's hard to doing in linux user have worked with windows for long time

• dailydaily Member
    edited September 2016

What even is your business? You've never advertised it, made an offer, or even mentioned it's name.

• You can use vi or nano as a text editor...

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2016

@iamjoker said:
    hello daily i don't use NAT IP vps and never provide for my customers. just trying it how works and trying to learn before provide others

Why the LET provided the 'Provider' tag if person/company don't know how to manage the servers?

Thanked by 1JasperNL
  • Everyone has to start somewhere... but it would make me nervous if my provider didn't already know how to edit text files...

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Wow.