Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SYS (soyoustart) IPs request
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SYS (soyoustart) IPs request

AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

Hello,

If anyone here have soyoustart ips from range 94.23*. 91.121*. 151.80*. and want to sell it, we will order it. IPs will be transfered from your soyoustart account to our OVH servers, because its possible to transfer them. Someone will ask why we need mentioned range, its because many of our gaming customers are looking for such ips don't know why or what's specific in mentioned range. Have asked ovh support for mentioned range but unfortunately they are assigned random and not manually. Please PM me if you have and want to sell it.

Cheers

Comments

• I have some in 94.23.* but at OVH directly. Guess they can't be transfered, right?

Thanked by 1AlbaHost
  • are those the UK located ranges?

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

@boernd said:
    I have some in 94.23.* but at OVH directly. Guess they can't be transfered, right?

Im afraid its not possible, only from soyoustart where you will know token according to import ip section:

To proceed to import an IP, you must know the key (token) generated by the manager of the server currently associated with the IP address you want to migrate.

@Falzo said:
    are those the UK located ranges?

No not really, they are geolocated in many countries.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • AlbaHost said: No not really, they are geolocated in many countries.

hmm, ok, was just a quick thought on why they may be requested more often ;-)
    mine are geolocated in UK anyways... (but in use, so no giveaway)

Thanked by 1AlbaHost
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2016

@AlbaHost said:
    Hello,

If anyone here have soyoustart ips from range 94.23*. 91.121*. 151.80*. and want to sell it, we will order it. IPs will be transfered from your soyoustart account to our OVH servers, because its possible to transfer them. Someone will ask why we need mentioned range, its because many of our gaming customers are looking for such ips don't know why or what's specific in mentioned range. Have asked ovh support for mentioned range but unfortunately they are assigned random and not manually. Please PM me if you have and want to sell it.

Cheers

Why do your customers need IPs like this? You should tell them to quit being picky because they're just numbers.

• @MikeA aren't they like little gold nuggets?

@MikeA said:

@AlbaHost said:
    Hello,

Cheers

Why do your customers need IPs like this? You should tell them to quit being picky because they're just numbers.

As you can see in my first post, i stated that i don't know why according to gametracker counter strike servers there are many server with mentioned range maybe that's why. We try to give our best to our customers of course if we can do it we will do it, but we cannot say to customers that those are only numbers assuming they can see and know that's are only numbers ;)

Cheers.

• MikeA said: Why do your customers need IPs like this? You should tell them to quit being picky because they're just numbers.

Southeast Asia has a thing about numbers being good luck and bad luck. I wish I remembered how stupid their claim was.

Update:

We only need now ips from range 94.23* because we got from 91.121* thanks to @hzr
    Please note, you need to have an .ie account to migrate/transfer the ips to our ovh account.

Cheers.

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep

Gaming customers want it because in most games, they list servers depending on where the IP geolocates and also the latency. However wouldn't you want that customer in the UK, so their latency is also lower and thus lists higher?

@Zare said:
    Gaming customers want it because in most games, they list servers depending on where the IP geolocates and also the latency. However wouldn't you want that customer in the UK, so their latency is also lower and thus lists higher?

No not really, not in our case. We still are looking for range: 94.23* 151.80*.

Cheers.