Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

symlink on index.php file
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

symlink on index.php file

ledzgioledzgio Member
edited January 2013 in General

I have roundcube stored in /etc/zpanel/panel/etc/apps/webmail/ and I want to point it from webmail.mydomain.com. So I have created a subdomain, created a new home directory for that domain and a symlink like this:

ln -s /etc/zpanel/panel/etc/apps/webmail/index.php /var/zpanel/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/webmail_mydomain_com/index.php

so now I should be able to point webmail.mydomain.com and accessing to roundcube but it doesn't work, I get a white page and nothing loaded.

Any suggestion?

thanks

Comments

• Just copy the file.

• It cannot work, I cannot simply copy index.php because it has to be in the right directory in order to work.

• What does your error log say?

Do you have selinux enabled?

Are proper permissions set?

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

You should symlink the directory, not index.php.

• you might want to rename topic, when I clicked on it, it went to a 404 page:
    http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/7102/symlink-on-index.php

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

This thread is now an exclusive club.

• I don't know why but I changed title and now the thread is available.

• @joepie91 is right, you shouldn't be linking only index.php, it won't work. You need to link the whole subdir.
    And besides make sure that FollowSymLinks are set if u r using apache.

• The problem is that with zpanel I can create a subdomain's home directory inside public_html and I cannot make a symlink with existing directory..

• Have you asked zPanel developers?

• I just left a message on the forum.

• nstormnstorm Member
    edited January 2013

@ledzgio link it as a subdirectory and set a redirect there from subdomain root. Or delete original dir and create a symlink instead.
    Anyways this isn't a good way to do. Usually when you have a software installed somewhere and want to link it to subdomain you just setup a correct location/alias in config files.
    I'm not familiar with zPanel though.

• Replacing these lines:

php_admin_value open_basedir "/var/zpanel/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/webmail_mydomain_com:/var/zpanel/temp/"
    php_admin_value suhosin.executor.func.blacklist "passthru, show_source, shell_exec, system, pcntl_exec, popen, pclose, proc_open, proc_nice, proc_terminate, proc_get_status, proc_close, leak, apache_child_terminate, posix_kill, posix_mkfifo, posix_setpgid, posix_setsid, posix_setuid, escapeshellcmd, escapeshellarg, exec"

Options FollowSymLinks Indexes
    AllowOverride All
    Order Allow,Deny
    Allow from all

with:

Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride All
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all

did the trick. I don't know if it is correct but it just works.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@ledzgio said: did the trick. I don't know if it is correct but it just works.

That is a really really bad idea. You just effectively turned off the cross-user security in zPanel.