Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

US KVM providers that allow using your own ISO
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

US KVM providers that allow using your own ISO

twaintwain Member
edited January 2013 in General

I'm looking for a US KVM provider that has a control panel functionality similar to OpenITC's, wherein you can use your own ISO (either upload or better yet http mount or similar (as OpenITC)).. I'm not talking about "oh yeah we can add whatever ISO you want to our list".. I'd like similar to what OpenITC's panel provides (wish they had US locations!)..

Oh yeah, and really good prices would be nice as well! Xen HVM would be OK too.

Anybody know of anyone? Thanks!

Comments

• If we could find a good US host that we could sell at LEB/LET prices then we would but we've not found one to date.

• @twain said: I'm not talking about "oh yeah we can add whatever ISO you want to our list"..

There's something sketchy here...

• @Bronzebyte huh? Care to explain?

• @twain

I would never let people upload their own ISO's because I would have no clue what it is and if it's illegal or not

• @twain Unless you're doing something shady/illegal, asking support to add the ISO shouldn't be a problem. If you believe that takes too long, then you should use a host with better support times.

• Wow I certainly dont appreciate the insinuations... definitely would not be for anything illegal. Would be as a testbed for nonstandard isos eg deepofix, mailcleaner etc etc.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited January 2013

Out of curiosity, is this with SolusVM, used by most hosts here, possible at all?
    OpenITC/XenVZ client functionality to upload own ISOs from url is pretty neat however that seems advantage of in-house built control panel.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

In theory it could be easily added to solusvm, build an upload page, tie authentication in to solusvm run a cron job to touch the iso name on the master and sync with the slaves.

Thanks @Spirit not that I offer KVM at the moment but sounds like a fun project :)

• @Spirit said: OpenITC/XenVZ client functionality to upload own ISOs from url is pretty neat however that seems advantage of in-house built control panel.

Nothing is uploaded to our servers. It is in fact HTTP ranges i.e. streamed live from the URL you specify.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited January 2013

Yeah, I used wrong expression.

• @BronzeByte said: There's something sketchy here...

Agree with OP, that's one weird accusation. It's not like there's anything possible with that you can't do right now, albeit far less convenient.

• We had requested that for solusvm but they didn´t want to integrate that in solsuvm based on security issues.

• I'm sure that is the real reason. After all, there is no way to implement this securely...