Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OpenITC KVM offer: 1GB RAM, 75GB Disk, 1000GB Monthly, 1x IPv4, 2x /64 IPv6 in Maidenhead
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OpenITC KVM offer: 1GB RAM, 75GB Disk, 1000GB Monthly, 1x IPv4, 2x /64 IPv6 in Maidenhead

seansean Member
edited December 2012 in Offers

Common specifications:

CPU cores: 4 (Competely Fair Scheduler, throttled at 90% for safety)
Disk throughput cap: 180MB/s (Competely Fair Scheduler)
Disk IOPS cap: 540 (Competely Fair Scheduler)
Disk type: Hardware RAID10 with battery backed cache
Premium quality network: we have a 100% SLA with our upstream - no really!
Off-site FTP space for backups

The LowEndBox/talk exclusive deal:

RAM: 1024MB
Disk: 75GB
FTP Off-site backup space: 37.5GB
Transfer: 1000GB monthly data transfer
IPv4: 1 (more available)
IPv6: 2x /64 (It's finally LIVE!)
Ping test: 149.255.96.39 2a03:ca80:8000::1
£11.25 GBP per 3 months (SPECIAL OFFER) Order URL: https://clients.openitc.co.uk/order/product/397
£4.00 GBP per 1 months Order URL: https://clients.openitc.co.uk/order/product/398

We can supply larger VPS at the same rate as this deal. Just twice the price for twice the spec etc.

Our custom control panel now fully supports Linux KVM! Our panel features include (but are not limited to):

Install your own OS via the recovery console. (VNC or Spice with TLS)
Virtual CD/DVD mounted from any HTTP server. Install any .iso you want!
Set disk driver (virtio, ide, scsi) and network models (virtio, e1000, rtl8139, pcnet, ne2k_pci, i82559er, i82557b, i82551). Supports a wider range of OS.
The usual full support for IPv4 with instant rDNS.
Full IPv6 support, no rDNS yet.
Cgroups are fully implemented allowing us to control CPU and Disk I/O.

Some screenshots:

My Virtual Servers - Home
(Re)installation system from ISO
Advanced KVM settings
Recovery console
IP usage table
IP usage graphs

Right now we have our KVM nodes online at RapidSwitch, Maidenhead, UK (test ping 149.255.96.39, 2a03:ca80:8000::1).

Comments

• Do you have a test file?

Would you have any issues with me running a newznab indexer on it?

• Ordered this VPS.
    This will be my 2nd VPS with xenvz, but still flagged for manual review?

• @kampung just manual setup I think.

• rchurchrchurch Member
    edited December 2012

What are the specs of the host node?

Are IP addresses DHCP based?

• Offer posted in my Blog :)

• @rchurch said: Are IP addresses DHCP based?

No

• I can vouch for @sean, he runs a good business.

• Maybe someone could gibe me some tutorial for adding the 2 x /64 ipv6?
    I can only use 1 x/64 ipv6. Should I add another device like eth2?

• How much if I want to pay annually?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited December 2012

@ErawanArifNugroho said: I can only use 1 x/64 ipv6. Should I add another device like eth2?

NO :)
    Just add IPs from 2nd subnet same way as you add IPs from first subnet. (debian example)

iface eth0 inet6 static
           address 2a03:xxxx:xxxx:a::1234
           netmask 48
           gateway 2a03:xxxx:xxxx::1

up /sbin/ifconfig eth0 inet6 add 2a03:xxxx:xxxx:1234::2/64 
     up /sbin/ifconfig eth0 inet6 add 2a03:xxxx:xxxx:1234::3/64

up /sbin/ifconfig eth0 inet6 add 2a03:xxxx:xxxx:4567::2/64
     up /sbin/ifconfig eth0 inet6 add 2a03:xxxx:xxxx:4567::3/64
  • @ErawanArifNugroho said: I can only use 1 x/64 ipv6. Should I add another device like eth2?

You can route both of the /64 subnets via the same interface.

• @amarc said: I have one 256M VPS from Sean just idling, but performance tests and network uptime was great.. This price is steal..

I have 2 x 256MB; one idling and I bought this one as well. Planning to move some of the load from another VM to this new one

• Thank you very much @Spirit and @Inglar :)

• @Asim said: How much if I want to pay annually?

Hello,

Annual would simply be at the same rate so £45 per year. If you want us to switch you to annual billing we can do so.

• ciscocisco Member
    edited December 2012

I did not success for pay, paypal back display:
    ""This invoice has already been paid. For more information, please contact the merchant.
    Return to OpenITCAt this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to OpenITC and try another option.""

but my VPS has been activated,
    System problem? or?

• @cisco said: I did not success for pay, paypal back display:

""This invoice has already been paid. For more information, please contact the merchant.
    Return to OpenITCAt this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to OpenITC and try another option.""

but my VPS has been activated,

System problem? or?

Hello,

As I explained this is because PayPal have held your payment for review. There isn't anything we can do from this end but wait and there's no need to send payment again.

Regards,
    Sean McRobbie
    OpenITC.co.uk

• AsimAsim Member
    edited January 2013

Is this just me or does everyone's serverbear stats show like this?
    http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2013/01/05/A7Y6SiCJU9fAUL9Q

UnixBench score: 259.4
    I/O rate: 30.6 MB/second
    Bandwidth rate: 4.1 MB/second

Update: Reran it again with approx 12 hours of difference and got this
    http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2013/01/05/rzehgsQt9qNTnyD7

UnixBench score: 268.4
    I/O rate: 51.7 MB/second
    Bandwidth rate: 2.9 MB/second

• @Asim
    Bad sign?
    (Never use serverbear)

• tuxtux Member

UnixBench score seems very low.

• Hi Guys,

Sorry to say but after looking at the graphs for the host node it's simply down to quite a number of VPS using an average of >25% CPU over a period of 3 days. Combine that with the higher overheads you have with KVM and BAM! You have a problem.

On the other hand disk I/O seems to be well balanced.

To me, it seems unacceptable to have a unixbench score that low. We have a number of options on the table to help resolve this:

• Try out different quotas: Should we lower the CPU time cap per-VPS? Is 4 cores per VPS too much?
    • Quite simply we need much more CPU to dish out. We've ordered in a bunch of servers with over double the horsepower.. once delivered should we migrate VPS to the new machines?

It would be interesting to know why so many VPS are trying to use so much CPU. Are you all benchmarking at once?!

• @kampung was talking about unixbench

@amarc I am taking samples every 12 hours approx and my dd is running below 70MB/sec; unixbench always below 300

@sean I have no idea but there needs to be something done to give almost fair-share to everyone on the node. I am running benchmarks because I want to move my serious stuff here and hence I need to make sure that the "move" is worth it :) (I also created the ticket last night to report this)

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

Mine is pending manual review. Please sort out ASAP.

Dominic

• @amarc said: I would simply ignore people that only do benchmarks : ). I would always chose more threads(cores) over single core for example with more "power". My applications benefit from more threads and when you run php in fcgid, more cores means more spawns.. If you ordered something in E5 range with 6/12 cores/threads that would be great : )

Nah, we won't ignore. If anyone is really dissatisfied with the performance then please get in touch via our website and we'll see what we can do.

• I don't trust a host that asks for high resolution of your Photo ID. I mean they were readable size even my governments don't ask for high res

• I'm afraid I've also experienced extremely poor I/O. Unfortunately, when cancelling my service, I couldn't state this as my reason (among others) because of a 100-character limit and a broken "weird-character" check on the cancellation reason form element.

I'm really sorry this didn't work out. First provider that gave out a /64 (2, actually).