Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IIS and a custom application
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IIS and a custom application

Hello,

It's been a while where I have used IIS and I am just a bit stumped right now...

Basically I want a rewrite rule on my IIS box, but I am just not sure on how to do it.

Scenario:

On the same box I have a array of public facing applications which I want to map to subdomains of one domain, issue is they're on different ports. One is on port 38050, 38051, 38052 and 38053.

Anyone know how to do this? I have got flexibility to do it another way than IIS if anything.

PH

Comments

• Need to download URL Rewrite 2.0 and ARR (probably 3.0 if you're using W2012R2 and the newest IIS), after that it's easy. Restart your ISS manager, and you'll see the URL Rewrite app in your selected site thumbnails.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Can't you just use hostname bindings?

• @ManofServer said:
    Need to download URL Rewrite 2.0 and ARR (probably 3.0 if you're using W2012R2 and the newest IIS), after that it's easy. Restart your ISS manager, and you'll see the URL Rewrite app in your selected site thumbnails.

I have that already but unsure on how to deploy it with it.

@Nekki said:
    Can't you just use hostname bindings?

Isn't that if the actual website is being pushed by IIS? Mine is being pushed by a application.

I have set it up right now with NGINX acting like a reverse proxy and URL Bases, so that's good enough for now.