Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for - 512mb Ram, 20gb hdd, 100gb bandwidth, 1ghz+ dual, windows 2008 r2 standard (have key)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for - 512mb Ram, 20gb hdd, 100gb bandwidth, 1ghz+ dual, windows 2008 r2 standard (have key)

luke_hluke_h Member
edited December 2012 in Help

Hello Guys.

Just wondering if anyone knows a good company that can provide this? Looking for it in specifically the East Coast, such as Scranton/Atlanta/Chicago.

Specs:
512mb Ram
20gb HDD
100GB Bandwidth
1ghz+ Dual core.
Windows 2008 r2, I have my own key and image, so if you know anyone or if you are that someone, if you could do the deal cheaper since I have my own key and image, that would be awesome.

Xen/XenPV or HVM.

Thanks.

Comments

• Thanks =)

• I know BurstNet are 95c above LET pricing but you could get pretty much that (x10 bandwidth) with them. Their Windows services were satisfactory for me (Manchester location though)

• If we needed Windows, we can use KVM. And some KVM provider here that you can try to contact:

• BuyVM
    • FrontRangeHosting
    • Hostigation
    • RamNode
  • We can do this on a KVM box in Dallas, for $7/mo (check out our previous offers here), however Dallas is not exactly East Coast.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited December 2012

Yep, you can use your own Windows 2008 key with us. KVM stock is (again :/) almost about gone, so order quickly if you're going to.

EDIT: We're in Atlanta.

• yep.

BuyVM 512MB KVM should be fine for you.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

Castlegem

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@luke_h said: Xen/XenPV or HVM.

XenPV does not work with windows, only full virtualization.
    In that respect, I see many ppl recommending KVM too, most offers for full virtualization are for KVM so you might have a better luck with that.
    If you need a specific driver with Xen tho, it is going to be hard as few ppl do Xen-HVM these days.

• HyperV works too.

• BreezehostBreezehost Member
    edited December 2012

How much you have budgeted for this specs?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

you could try BurstNET

• We can.

• Cheers guys, went with Dedicados in the end, but has been nothing but laggy crap, corrupting my OS installs when installing via Spider...blugh, an amount of £17 I wish I hadn't given....oh well, you get what you pay for.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2012

@luke_h said: Cheers guys, went with Dedicados in the end, but has been nothing but laggy crap, corrupting my OS installs when installing via Spider...blugh, an amount of £17 I wish I hadn't given....oh well, you get what you pay for.

Dude go to RamNode right now, use promo code LEB35 and get you a quality KVM in Atlanta.

edited December 2012

@luke_h said: blugh, an amount of £17 I wish I hadn't given

At that price you can get from us a fully licensed server 2008 RC2 1 gb ram 32 gb hdd 2 cores and 1 tb traffic on 1 gbps port and more since our offer for that is 11.57 Eur and it is fully customizable upwards in small increments.
    https://www.prometeus.net/billing/cart.php?gid=11

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@jarland said: Dude go to RamNode right now, use promo code LEB35 and get you a quality KVM in Atlanta.

Thanks jarland!

• Thanks jarland and Maounique.....Nick_A I'll definitely be coming to you when my month is up with dedicados, trying to KVM installs on something that was not keeping the connection up was a pain. Ever since I moaned it seems to have gotten better, but I can't risk it. Reason I have to use this jumpbox is because BT on a 1mbit line is kind of painful to KVM to LA :D

• Is 512 MB ram enough for windows 2008 server?

• @praveen said: Is 512 MB ram enough for windows 2008 server?

Depends on what you need to run.

• @praveen said: Is 512 MB ram enough for windows 2008 server?

You can run Server Core in that much memory.

edited December 2012

You can run the server and some services.
    Erawan and me run even virtual machines inside on top of open office gimp browsers and other things.
    I think it is a combination of two factors, what you need to run and what hardware you are running it on.
    In some places you cant even set it up right.

• Hehe... As Maounique said, I can run some heavy and crazy aplication inside a 512MB Windows 2008 server. But again, it's also depends on the hardware/provider.

Just for note, sometimes if you leave the Automatic Updates on ( and with no other process running ), the provider could even suspend your vps :p

The only one Windows Provider I can recommend is Prometeus :)
    If we are looking a KVM provider with Windows templates, we can also try RamNode :)