Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CNServers (with SecureDragon) or OVH for L3/L4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CNServers (with SecureDragon) or OVH for L3/L4

Hi,

Is securedragon oregon (CNServers 10Gbps) better at L3/L4 than OVH? (if UDP is dropped permanently)?

If so, I would setup a IPIP tunnel from securedragon to OVH.

I ask this because OVH do not seems to be solid. There is lot of people on IRC with OVH and it do not seems to protect them very well.

Thanks

Comments

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2016

CNservers' L3/L4 protection is excellent in our experience, pretty much zero leakage and UDP is auto blocked without any leakage as well when UDP hits most of the time. I've no recent experience of OVH's protection but we've had many people come to ourselves and comment on the big difference.

Thanked by 1oper1984
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@oper1984 said:
    Hi,

Is securedragon oregon (CNServers 10Gbps) better at L3/L4 than OVH? (if UDP is dropped permanently)?

If so, I would setup a IPIP tunnel from securedragon to OVH.

I ask this because OVH do not seems to be solid. There is lot of people on IRC with OVH and it do not seems to protect them very well.

Thanks

All of my OpenVZ run on OVH Game and I never have any problem. If you have traffic passing use their network firewall, make sure no packets are being dropped by kernel if you're using some virtualization.

Thanked by 1oper1984