Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rage4 DNS cPanel module - looking for testers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Rage4 DNS cPanel module - looking for testers

gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep
edited December 2012 in Help

Hi Lads

Since some of our Users (and potential Partners) asked about custom cPanel module for Rage4 DNS we decide to create one.
But since we do not have much experience with cPanel as such we are looking for functional testers.
We have dev box up and running with module installed but we are missing whole "real life" config in it.
If you are interested in helping us please PM me for details.

Cheers
Peter

Note1: the module will be released as open source as soon as it will be described as stable by testers
Note2: the goal is to create the module which will include all Rage4 DNS functionality (maybe not in the first stable release :) but still)

Comments

• 24khost24khost Member
    edited December 2012

I am up for it. email me at [email protected]

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2012

Hit me up. :)

EDIT: Well, I'll hit you up, not in that way..

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2012

OK so right now we have 4 testers ( @24khost, @Infinity, @Jack, @Fliphost ) and one dev box so I think it should be enough people fraking things in one place :)

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

I'm up for it if you need more

@24khost, @Infinity, @Jack, @Fliphost - if you lads can setup some proper environment (like add users/accounts) it would be nice. We are going to extend Rage4 DNS API today so we can add few new features to the module; also hooks should be ready today. Kate (my wife and our managing director) decided that if you lads would like to become our Partners you will receive 5% discount (including @Fliphost but he's already our Partner :))

• @gbshouse What exactly does this module do? What features does it add to whm or cpanel?

@AsadHaider - as you probably know we are running Rage4 DNS and few our Users/Partners (Prometeus, Castlegem, Fliphost) use our service as a main DNS platform. They want to be able to manage domains and records directly from cPanel.

• @gbshouse are you open to others developing an interface to other panels?

• I will be adding a domain and a couple of zones tonight.

• email me to [email protected] to test on cpanel

Update: since UGVPS in UK is down I'm moving development to our new lab so it will not be accessible from outside

Update: first beta version of cPanel module is (almost) done - the only piece which is missing is the hook integration, I'm just enable to get it working. Any suggestions/help/whatever?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Will take a look soon, been kinda busy. :-)

@Infinity - I'll send you access details via PM

• @gbshouse Just saw this thread but I was definitely one of the first guys to ask you about CP plugins, so I hope it is not too late for me to get a spot in the trial :) Thanks a lot!

• @gbshouse - send me a PM if you would like.

Beta1 is available here - please DO NOT USE IT IN PRODUCTION!!!

• Same here just haven't gotten to it.

Please download it, test and post comments - this version is still very raw and few things are missing. We also decide not to use hooks and use cron instead.

Anyone found time to test it?

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@gbshouse I will hopefully have some time later today to test it out.