Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone in US to test this?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Comments

• dailydaily Member

In other news, Microsoft allots $7 million laptop budget.

• Everyone bring in the laptop the same day at noon exactly. Easy free laptop.

• UnixfyUnixfy Member
    edited July 2016

removes admin account and disables booting from external media in BIOS

brings to microsoft store

Free laptop!

• blackblack Member

They'll just pull out your hard drive and put in a new one with windows 10 on it

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2016

black said: They'll just pull out your hard drive and put in a new one with windows 10 on it

That is not upgrade... It is supposed to keep your files and (at least some) settings.
    The reason I am asking is because Microsoft lost other bets too, over the years, such as the "sue linux through SCO", "infinite storage in the cloud", for example, I am curious how this will go, but from reading the comments, it was just a publicity stunt, just maybe someone will take them on their word and people here know how to booby-trap a pc to make it not worth it.

• This bit looks more interesting, buy $10 laptop from ebay and trade for credit...

If your PC isn’t compatible, you can recycle it for a $150 credit towards a new PC.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2016

@linuxthefish said:
    This bit looks more interesting, buy $10 laptop from ebay and trade for credit...

If your PC isn’t compatible, you can recycle it for a $150 credit towards a new PC.

It depends how much the new pc costs, or, rather, what is the margin (or should i say premium) they charge...

Thanked by 1linuxthefish