Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alternatives?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alternatives?

PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep
edited December 2012 in General

Do you know any alternatives to Zoho (or free google apps-that used to be)?

Thanks

Comments

• jhjh Member

Outlook.com

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@jhadley said: Outlook.com

Didn't know they provided that service will look into it thanks.

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited December 2012

Yandex.ru I use them now and it's great - I don't speak russian either.

• Yandex.ru looks goog @Corey.

"Take a moment to register, you will receive an unlimited amount of mailbox without spam and viruses, as well as access to other interesting services of Yandex. For example, Yandeks.Disk save important files and allow you to work with them wherever there is an Internet"

Unlimited?!?!

https://passport.yandex.ru/passport?mode=register&msg=mail&retpath=https://mail.yandex.ru

BTW: With Chromium you can use Google's Translate to navigate through the pages :)

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@pubcrawler said: wherever there is an Internet

Google Translate is awesome. :D

• Signup captcha is a problem though as they use Russian or whatever those are characters...

• @pubcrawler said: Signup captcha is a problem though as they use Russian or whatever those are characters...

Might be a Russian-only service :)

• @pubcrawler said: Signup captcha is a problem though as they use Russian or whatever those are characters...

I only saw numbers in the signup captcha. They have an english signup area for the main account. Then the mailbox area signup is in russian (but the captcha was still in numbers)

Using outlook.com. Never used them, but it seems to work great and I like the interface. And best of all, the Zendesk forwarders actually work. They didn't with Zoho.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited December 2012

Outlook is great indeed, it's under rated because of hotmail.

edited December 2012

Another thing -

I've got my site set up under a VPS and am using Mandrill (SMTP) for mail in WHMCS. However, it's not sending the emails which makes me think I need something on my VPS. Any ideas?

Seems to be sending some not all, very slowly now :/

• @dominicl is your site working? It's off from LA.

• @dominicl Sorry works. Stupid time warner again.

@LAKid said: @dominicl Sorry works. Stupid time warner again.

Yeah, should be working.

@dominicl said: I've got my site set up under a VPS and am using Mandrill (SMTP) for mail in WHMCS. However, it's not sending the emails which makes me think I need something on my VPS. Any ideas?

Outlook.com seems to be putting loads of things into spam so i'm missing a great portion of emails.

Any ideas?

• @dominicl said: Any ideas?

Add senders that it keeps happening to to Contacts, keep flagging legitimate emails as "Not junk" and train the filter.

@ihatetonyy said: Add senders that it keeps happening to to Contacts, keep flagging legitimate emails as "Not junk" and train the filter.

okie

• I was going to outsource my email but I have numerous domains and didn't want to pay someone to host them. I just completed a mail server install this morning and decided to use Mandrill for SMTP.

Internal mail goes out through local SMTP but my phone is set up to send via Mandrill's SMTP. Works fine thus far.

• Mandrills picking up pace again after we emailed them, it "just works".

• JacobJacob Member
    edited December 2012

I don't see why people bother using anything other then smtp.com, they're by far the company with the highest uptime providing mail services, and I literally get every mail delivered to Inbox, which I know also depends on choice of keywords but when I check at the end of the month, it is only <10-20 bounced out of 5K'ish.

@Patrick said: Mandrills picking up pace again after we emailed them, it "just works".

• For one thing mandrill has a free plan for those who dont send many emails.