Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WebHostingTalk.com - Compromised - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WebHostingTalk.com - Compromised

124»

Comments

• @MrGeneral said:

@theroyalstudent said:

@MrGeneral said:
    @Licensecart is an ass. He reported me to fraudrecord for not paying an invoice, probably a Blesta license. So anyone who orders something from him and stops renewing it, will be reported in fraudrecord. This guy is hilarious and annoys the fuck out of me always talking about Blesta.

Well, his unprofessionalism has no bounds, it could be seen in multiple occasions already. Lol, I would happily buy direct rather from unethical resellers, regardless of the benefits it can ever bring.

Did you get your record off FraudRecord, though?

For sure!
    No, I haven't, I think he's the only one who can remove it IIRC?

I'm sure you can contact them directly about incorrect reports. Guess depends what exact description the report has.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Thanked by 1MikePT
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR

AshleyUk said: I'm sure you can contact them directly about incorrect reports. Guess depends what exact description the report has.

LOL. They really dont care, or give a toss. Ive had 6 hosts accept me now, with a false report....

• @hawc said:

AshleyUk said: I'm sure you can contact them directly about incorrect reports. Guess depends what exact description the report has.

LOL. They really dont care, or give a toss. Ive had 6 hosts accept me now, with a false report....

Yeah that's what I meant by depends how its worded to what other hosts will think.

AshleyUk said: Yeah that's what I meant by depends how its worded to what other hosts will think.

Yea. It also seems that they are "in bed" with certain hosts, and will not listen to protests from victims of false reports from those hosts.

• LicensecartLicensecart Member
    edited July 2016

@MrGeneral said:
    @Licensecart is an ass. He reported me to fraudrecord for not paying an invoice, probably a Blesta license. So anyone who orders something from him and stops renewing it, will be reported in fraudrecord. This guy is hilarious and annoys the fuck out of me always talking about Blesta.

Since you want to be open about it I'll post why I posted you on FraudRecord.

You bought a SolusVM license with 1 Unlimited slave and asked me if I'll un-suspend you for non payment as you didn't have any payments as you was offering free trials on this forum for savvyready.com.

I disabled the suspension and allowed you extra time to pay and you rolled up 3 invoices unpaid, I asked you nicely if you would pay them and you said you closed shop. No notice, and no cancellation. So I was paying for a license that you wouldn't be paying for, and I only allowed you extra time to pay and didn't suspend you because you had a good reputation in the industry. And I've learnt from that lesson.

On Fraudrecord you are on there under this:

Jan 24, 2016 - 09:17 - 2 points for: non-payment.

2 points because it was $34.20.

As your reliability:
    //Screenshot containing private information removed. (Amitz)

And for the person claiming he'd rather pay full price at the vendor, good for you, I don't care if you don't use me because I'm not loosing nowt. You just pay more :).

I doubt @MrGeneral wanted you to post his full name/personal information on LET....

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • AmitzAmitz Member

Deleted the screenshot. @Licensecart: Never, ever post customer information (even if it is just the name) here again or I will ban you. You may blacken the screenshot and repost it.

Thanked by 2zafouhar hawc
  • @Amitz said:
    Deleted the screenshot. @Licensecart: Never, ever post customer information (even if it is just the name) here again or I will ban you. You may blacken the screenshot and repost it.

Wow it wasn't even his fucking full name. God I thought Bear was stupid. I'd post a screenshot and he'll say It's not me, and then you'll back him. Thank go your just a moderator.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited July 2016

Licensecart said: Wow it wasn't even his fucking full name. God I thought Bear was stupid. I'd post a screenshot and he'll say It's not me, and then you'll back him. Thank go your just a moderator.

The ice under your feet is getting thin, young padawan. I am not taking sides at all. I have my opinion about both you and MrGeneral and favor none of you. Once again: Hosts/Service Providers posting customer data here get banned. It is that simple, you have a chance to understand it. That's not a rule just for you, but for everyone.

Furthermore, don't compare the one with the finger on the ban button with any WHT staff member. That's just a very stupid idea. The finger could tremble because of the tremendous insult that it implies.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Licensecart said:

@Amitz said:

Wow it wasn't even his fucking full name. God I thought Bear was stupid. I'd post a screenshot and he'll say It's not me, and then you'll back him. Thank go your just a moderator.

I would have done it if @Amitz hadn't. So at least we're consistently stupid.

• Oooooooo incoming ban...

• @Amitz said:

Licensecart said: Wow it wasn't even his fucking full name. God I thought Bear was stupid. I'd post a screenshot and he'll say It's not me, and then you'll back him. Thank go your just a moderator.

The ice under your feet is getting thing, young padawan. I am not taking sides at all. I have my opinion about both you and MrGeneral and favor none of you. Once again: Hosts/Service Providers posting customer data here get banned. It is that simple, you have a chance to understand it. That's not a rule just for you, but for everyone.

Furthermore, don't compare the one with the finger on the ban button with any WHT staff member. That's just a very stupid idea. The finger could tremble because of the tremendous insult that it implies.

Well his lost my business and can expect others to follow suit.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • HxxxHxxx Member

SOoo... yeah about the WHT DB dump. Interesting. No official statement yet. Hopefully is just all a bluff. Now about those vulnerable WP's...

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited July 2016

@theroyalstudent said:

@MrGeneral said:

@theroyalstudent said:

@MrGeneral said:

Well, his unprofessionalism has no bounds, it could be seen in multiple occasions already. Lol, I would happily buy direct rather from unethical resellers, regardless of the benefits it can ever bring.

For sure!

Ah that sucks. Well I'll just say this. @LicenseCart go fuck yourself.

Indeed!

@AshleyUk said:

@MrGeneral said:

@theroyalstudent said:

@MrGeneral said:

For sure!

I'm sure you can contact them directly about incorrect reports. Guess depends what exact description the report has.

It was actually another provider who alerted me about that record in FR. I've never done any sort of abuse nor fraud, at all. It's kinda hilarious though :P

Still. I didn't even see the screenshot, but it doesn't really matter. Asking for lifting a suspension and end up not paying it, isn't fraud. So there's no reason to do that.

Licensecart said: Since you want to be open about it I'll post why I posted you on FraudRecord.

You bought a SolusVM license with 1 Unlimited slave and asked me if I'll un-suspend you for non payment as you didn't have any payments as you was offering free trials on this forum for savvyready.com.

I disabled the suspension and allowed you extra time to pay and you rolled up 3 invoices unpaid, I asked you nicely if you would pay them and you said you closed shop. No notice, and no cancellation. So I was paying for a license that you wouldn't be paying for, and I only allowed you extra time to pay and didn't suspend you because you had a good reputation in the industry. And I've learnt from that lesson.

Licensecart said: I disabled the suspension and allowed you extra time to pay and you rolled up 3 invoices unpaid, I asked you nicely if you would pay them and you said you closed shop. No notice, and no cancellation. So I was paying for a license that you wouldn't be paying for, and I only allowed you extra time to pay and didn't suspend you because you had a good reputation in the industry. And I've learnt from that lesson.

Lies. I did not have 3 invoices unpaid, for sure.
    That's pure lies. You've always tried to upsell me blesta and shit, and I simply didn't want to. You got pissed off because I did not pay a SINGLE invoice, not three for sure.

@hawc said:
    I doubt @MrGeneral wanted you to post his full name/personal information on LET....
    @Amitz said:
    @Licensecart said:

@Amitz said:

Thank you for the notice, folks!

@Licensecart,
    You're not worth.

edited July 2016

To add,

As for the ban, I believe the mods to a great job and have their own judgement, not me.

The only thing I really require is Mike to delete my data and send me a signed PDF confirming it. I mean, who tells me he won't post it again?

Playing a victim here, but this guy really got my nerves, and deserves no respect :P

I used to talk to him and he was a nice guy. Always vouching for Blesta, but he was a nice guy. Nowadays he seems like pretty much a frustrated guy. Still, not many like Blesta.

So...........

.... You got my point :P.

Props to the mods and the members that did let me know Mike had posted my details. While it's something that might be a public record, as I don't really hide that stuff, do own a company with public details and such, I believe that in this case, he needs to at least do something about it. He could try to apologise as I am a pretty reasonable guy.

Thanks all, and let's not make a drama :P.

Cheers,

Today is a very happy day for us, portuguese folks :-), let's relax.

• tommytommy Member

"We've expired all staff passwords. You'll need to re-set your password by using the Lost Password link found on the login page.
    "

@tommy said:
    "We've expired all staff passwords. You'll need to re-set your password by using the Lost Password link found on the login page.
    "

Wut, expired all staff passwords?

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Since WHT hacked, will LET take the limelight?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2016

@jcaleb said:
    Since WHT hacked, will LET take the limelight?

Nah. LET has been compromised in the past too. Honestly, I think people overestimate the value of a hacked forum at this stage. We've been in this "if it can be compromised, it will" stage for a few years now where everyone is looking for an exploit.

People who use the same password everywhere are probably not going to experience their first compromise at WHT, and anyone else is just going to reset their password and go on with their day. Maybe get added to some spam lists, but that's hardly a revolutionary event these days either.

Really not expecting anyone to feel an impact from this beyond curiosity and conversation on the topic itself.

This assumes, of course, that people's PM boxes are not filled with juicy details that upset the industry. Not worried about that myself :)

Thanked by 3jcaleb Maounique MikePT
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2016

What are you the Oracle? Which pill do I take the Red or the Blue?

I didn't think what I said was that riskay, but gee. Ban arrived in the mail on Monday in the form of a Profile Infraction (although later that changed to Duplicate Account / Shill after I questioned it)

Bit late posting as I tried politely to deal with it through the proper channels first. I'm trying to reach out to the user who supposedly shilled for their side of the story, I hope they get back to me with a good story. I'll certainly share if they do.

I've decided it doesn't matter to me for now, I'd rather be able to freely embarrass them.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited August 2016

SplitIce said: Which pill do I take the Red or the Blue?

Blue every time!

SplitIce said: Ban arrived in the mail on Monday in the form of a Profile Infraction (although later that changed to Duplicate Account / Shill after I questioned it)

Yeah, that sounds like an excuse to get rid of non-paying members who question WHT's leadership. Bet you wouldn't have been banned if you had a corporate membership!

P.S. Penton staff emails are in the form of [email protected]. Andy Grider has replied to my emails in the past...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@SplitIce said:

What are you the Oracle? Which pill do I take the Red or the Blue?

I didn't think what I said was that riskay, but gee. Ban arrived in the mail on Monday in the form of a Profile Infraction (although later that changed to Duplicate Account / Shill after I questioned it)

Bit late posting as I tried politely to deal with it through the proper channels first. I'm trying to reach out to the user who supposedly shilled for their side of the story, I hope they get back to me with a good story. I'll certainly share if they do.

I've decided it doesn't matter to me for now, I'd rather be able to freely embarrass them.

I'm confused. Is this related to that thread about the compromise or something else?

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@jarland I posted in the thread on WHT about the database being for sale asking if it was even being investigated...

@linuxthefish saw it and replied here asking if I wanted a ban for it being too risky

Then I got a ban for some bullshit reason on Monday. Of course it could be some mix-up, but given the ticket responses containing many inconsistencies / co-incidences & general unwillingness to provide any information on the ban lead me to believe otherwise.

As someone who has made 60 odd posts there in 10 years, its really not that important to me. I'm just honoured they care so much to put such an effort in for little old me.

I'm just waiting for my posts (including the one they targeted) to disappear, its the [il]logical next step.

Thanked by 1jar
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

WHT's rotten as hell. I have a decade old account there which I still use. But the e-mail address with it is long gone, so I can't reset password. Oh well, sick of WHT anyway. Mods at WHT are as rotten as the place.

Thanked by 2randvegeta K4Y5