Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any VPS Provider Who Would Migrate My Site?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any VPS Provider Who Would Migrate My Site?

huggyhuggy Member
edited June 2016 in Requests

Hello..

My current hosting sold off their company, domain everything without even informing the customers and there's a huge ruckus. I had my site with them- even though the site is still reachable the new owners deleted all user accounts and my VPS expires on 15th July after which I won't be able to renew.

They didn't have Cpanel (Used Vesta) - I have downloaded a site backup already (.tar format)
Want to know if there's any provider who will migrate the site or restore it from backup. I'll confess I don't know how to do that myself.

Detail of the site: Its an image hosting which I use occasionally along with other similar ones.
Hosts images mainly used for torrent descriptions (Contains both adult and non adult).
Uses ImgShot script.

My Req -

CPU: your offer

RAM: 1GB

HDD: 20-30 GB

BANDWIDTH: your offer (Will probably consume higher than normal blogs etc since its hosting images)

NETWORK: 100Mbps / your offfer

I am looking for a lowend deal.

I would need technical assistance once at the beginning about the transfer and setup. Once I can use the site I wont need any technical support.

Thanks to all.

Comments

• timnboystimnboys Member
    edited June 2016

what is the vps technology they was using? openvz? kvm? xen?
    as I can put you on my ovh canada location, what backup do you currently have? is it a backup from vesta? or backup of the vm?
    I need to know all of these variables to know how to best restore the backup.

• JordanJordan Member
    edited June 2016

Check out our offers here: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1752642

We are USA, but if you can see past it, we would happily move your sites for you. You can see our looking glass at http://ash.lg.budgetnode.net/ to see if the network would be good enough.

• huggyhuggy Member

timnboys said: what is the vps technology they was using? openvz? kvm? xen? as I can put you on my ovh canada location, what backup do you currently have? is it a backup from vesta? or backup of the vm? I need to know all of these variables to know how to best restore the backup.

Hi, I think they were reselling and the exact virtualization isn't mentioned on my plan.
    I have the Vesta backup. I also have access to my site using FileZilla till my plan expires. I wasn't sure which backup would work so I downloaded both -Vesta and the whole site folder from FileZilla.

• huggyhuggy Member

We are USA, but if you can see past it, we would happily move your sites for you. You can see our looking glass at http://ash.lg.budgetnode.net/ to see if the network would be good enough.

Hi. Thanks for the offer I actually want to avoid USA because the site is linked to torrents in some way so it might be a problem.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2016
    1GB
    2 Shared Intel vCore @ 1GHz
    30GB SSD [RAID 10]
    2TB @ 1Gbps
    1 Dedicated IP

$5/mo regular price. Available in Frankfurt. You can purchase +$5 premium support option for help with migration, assistance, etc, then cancel it.

• @huggy said:

Hi. Thanks for the offer I actually want to avoid USA because the site is linked to torrents in some way so it might be a problem.

okay I can build a vps with vestacp on it and restore your backup to it then.

• ktkt Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2016

We can do the below plan in Amsterdam NL, we can setup vesta for you and lock down SSH if required as well I assume you won't need access to it for your own security. No additional charge as it's pretty quick/easy. You should be able to then just restore the vesta backup but if you get stuck we can help you quickly.

OpenVZ, 2 Cores, 1GB RAM, 30GB HDD, 1TB Bandwidth, $30/year or $3.50/mo
    (Price Ex. VAT)

Feel free to shoot me a PM

• We can do it in Germany & restore the backup for you.

4 vCPU @ 3.4Ghz
    1024MB RAM/1024MB vSwap
    100GB Storage
    1TB BW @ 1Gbps
    1 IPv4 + /80 IPv6

$4.80/mo - http://my.nodeblade.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=22

• huggyhuggy Member

Thank you everyone for your offers.

I've gone with NodeBlade, they have provided very good support for my migration and my website is working well.

(Please close the thread. Thanks.)

Thanked by 1NodeBlade
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited July 2016

Just my 2 cents:

I don't know NodeBlade, they may are exceptional. But they are new. That is not a bad thing necessarily, but they have not been tested for the long run.
    This is not something that should make you avoid them, just push you taking regular backups from your site (vestacp backup or anything that fits to you). And you should keep the backups off-site, even better if you can download them to your pc.

This is not something you should do only with new providers, but in fact, with every provider out there because issues can occur. It would be shame if one day you find out your vps is not existing any more and your data has been gone...