Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Openstack backed providers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Openstack backed providers

I am curious to know if anyone here is experimenting/testing with OpenStack or even has OpenStack running in production.

What do you think about having OpenStack as the back-end service and develop a custom UI on top of OpenStack?

Comments

• NixtrenNixtren Member
    edited June 2016

I think LunaNode uses OpenStack. Pinging one of their team members @perennate

• MivoCloudMivoCloud Member, Host Rep

We use openstack as a back-end with our custom UI.

• BasilBasil Member

I think OVH's public cloud is using Openstack.

• ehabehab Member

wishosting @exception0x876 is the man for OpenStack

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • jollymonjollymon Member
    edited June 2016

@haphan said:
    I am curious to know if anyone here is experimenting/testing with OpenStack or even has OpenStack running in production.

What do you think about having OpenStack as the back-end service and develop a custom UI on top of OpenStack?

I consulted with a top 100 University that did. Its got a lot(understatement) of moving parts and customizing is very very hard with complex workflows and expensive at scale. Small workflows shouldnt be too big an issue. I did UX for that project and it was a bit of a clusterfuck from start to end. Great results but I think it clocked in well over a very solid 7 figures budget.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

We have OpenStack running on our dev enviroment. It's running rock solid, however I am worried that whenever it dies, it dies hard and as far as I heard, hard to fix and bring up in some cases.

I am actually interested how many are running HA enviroments based on the OpenStack.

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@ehab said:
    wishosting @exception0x876 is the man for OpenStack

thanks for the mention. our control panel is OpenNebula though.

Thanked by 1nodesec
  • intovpsintovps Member, Host Rep

We've started using OpenStack in a limited environment.

We're using https://fleio.com as OpenStack billing and control panel.