Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veeam backup for Linux
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Veeam backup for Linux

https://www.veeam.com/blog/veeam-backup-for-linux-beta-is-available.html

Have anyone tried?
If it works like Hyper-V/Vmware and free Windows version, it will become really interesting.

Unfortunately I don't think will work on OpenVZ, but maybe more provider could offer OpenVZ backup with it.

Comments

• JacobJacob Member

Hi Gabri,
    Veeam works with both the above, not openvz unfortunately.

The free version lacks scheduling other than that it's pretty much similar as long as you're not after anything too snazzy.

It is straight forward to setup and requires little to no maintenance.

• I already know Veeam free version, and all its variants, this is another new product.
    It's like Veeam Endpoint Free for Windows, it works and it's installed inside server and it's aim is backup physical server (where Veeam lacks) not from hypervisor.
    I haven't checked Linux, but Windows version has schedule, alerts and all that you need.

• JacobJacob Member

Ah, sorry mate I misread your post.

I haven't tried it but I would imagine it works the same as the windows version :)

@Gabri_91 said:
    I already know Veeam free version, and all its variants, this is another new product.
    It's like Veeam Endpoint Free for Windows, it works and it's installed inside server and it's aim is backup physical server (where Veeam lacks) not from hypervisor.
    I haven't checked Linux, but Windows version has schedule, alerts and all that you need.