Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sparkpost and WHMCS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Sparkpost and WHMCS

Has anyone successfully used sparkpost to send emails from WHMCS?

I've been trying to configure sparkpost in my WHMCS general settings however I always get "SMTP Error: Could not authenticate." - I am probably doing something wrong however not sure what yet.

Comments

• If you use vps just add sparkpost to postfix config, but if you use shared hosting maybe your host blocked the port

• Something is weird, not sure what but when I use port 587 it doesn't work whereas when I used port 2525 it worked - both ports are open in the firewall so not sure.

• rokokrokok Member

Not whmcs related thing, im also having issue with sparkpost :/ maybe caused by their STARTTLS encryption? no idea im not sure. Went back to mailgun.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2016

I am using it with WHMCS and very very happy. :)

• I use it too, also noticed that it only works with 2525 too. Interesting

• IshaqIshaq Member

Yeah. I noticed it only works with 2525.

Probably to do with the encryption they use not being supported by the server. If you send it plaintext they will relay it TLS.

I don't recommend sending anything sensitive over email either way.

• @CableChief said:
    I use it too, also noticed that it only works with 2525 too. Interesting
    @Ishaq said:
    Yeah. I noticed it only works with 2525.

Probably to do with the encryption they use not being supported by the server. If you send it plaintext they will relay it TLS.

I don't recommend sending anything sensitive over email either way.

Glad to know that i'm not crazy :p