Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get a big hard disk with this one weird trick! RAID-6 KVM Plans from Cable Chief
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Get a big hard disk with this one weird trick! RAID-6 KVM Plans from Cable Chief

Apologies if you just had to wipe your glasses...clean your mind whilst you're at it! ;-)

What's the point in having a big disk if you can't use it!? We listened LET, we've taken the handcuffs off the headboard so now you can go crazy, tiger. Our KVM plans are better than ever with unmetered incoming bandwidth and no extra restrictions*.

Node Specs:

2x Intel Xeon L5630 96GB DDR3 RAM 20x2TB RE4 HDDs in Hardware RAID-6 with BBU

Let's get down to business here are the plans:

1GB RAM 250GB HDD 1 CPU Core (fair share) 1TB Outgoing (Server - Internet) Bandwidth @ 1Gbps (fair share) Unmetered Incoming (Internet - Server) Bandwidth @ 1Gbps (fair share) $4.99/mo KVM Order now!

2GB RAM 500GB HDD 2 CPU Cores (fair share) 2TB Outgoing (Server - Internet) Bandwidth @ 1Gbps (fair share) Unmetered Incoming (Internet - Server) Bandwidth @ 1Gbps (fair share) $6.99/mo KVM Order now!

*You must still obey the AUP, please give it a read, it helps everyone! Legal torrenting is a-ok, dicking around with I/O and DMCA requests won't make you very popular.

All VPS plans come with 1 IPv4 address (extra $1.50/month) and /112 (65,535) IPv6 addresses. SolusVM Control Panel, custom ISOs on request (up to 24hr lead time), no Windows allowed.

Want to test the network? Go ahead!

Network provided by GorillaServers, Ogden, Utah. Test IP: gs0.cablechief.com Test file (1GB): gs0.cablechief.com/1gb.bin

We accept PayPal and Stripe (inc Alipay). All VPSs are provisioned instantly upon payment dependent on IP availability/fraud screening.

Cable Chief Limited, registered in England and Wales (10077923)

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

The internet is losing their minds over this deal.

Someone signed up for this deal, and you won't believe what happened next.

• MunMun Member
    edited May 2016

I mean if you want to masturbate your cables that is your business, but I would -totally- prefer if you did it in the privacy of your own datacenter.

Edit:

Also back by popular request.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Click bait for the win, cable cheif marketing is much win.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Nice to someone making an effort with their offer posts, makes a changes from the usual cookie-cutter dross.

• I really like the logo, I find it very funny.

Thanked by 1CableChief
  • dailydaily Member

HDD Manufacturers hate him!

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited May 2016

@dailymc said:
    HDD Manufacturers hate him!

Wife of vps provider swears she did not sleep with HDD manufacturer to lock such low prices!

(yay, let's rehash all the classics :D)

• Is there any reviews of cable chief as a host?

• @Void_Whisperer said:
    Is there any reviews of cable chief as a host?

None as of yet :'( We do offer a 14 day no-questions-asked money back guarantee if that sways you a bit!

• @deadbeef said:
    I really like the logo, I find it very funny.

Oh just you wait for the giveaway items I've ordered based on the logo...bringing a bit of risqué to LET

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited May 2016

Even though CableChief is new for some reason I have a feeling that they will be a good provider. I like the offer post and the site and they are a registered company, looking forward to seeing you around in the coming months/years :)

ie. what I mean is that they didn't spend $10 to launch their company, there seems like quite a bit of effort and money was invested into this.

• @CableChief Do you sell cable btw?

• user123user123 Member
    edited May 2016

@budi1413 said:
    @CableChief Do you sell cable btw?

They chiefly sell cables of the BDSM variety. Click here to find out more!

Thanked by 1CableChief
  • thagoatthagoat Member

This made me snort beer out of my nose! Well played =)

Thanked by 1CableChief
  • @budi1413 said:
    @CableChief Do you sell cable btw?

Sadly not, away from hosting the company provides IT repair/network solutions for the local area.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited May 2016

20 disks in a single raid6 array?

I recall reading something during my raid6/raidz2 research that 12 is a sane limit for large drives in raid6.

Anyway, wish you good luck.

And I appreciate the transparency about hardware.

Theoretically, You could also go for raid60 too with 10drives per stripe.

• @vimalware said:
    20 disks in a single raid6 array?

I recall reading something during my raid6/raidz2 research that 12 is a sane limit for large drives in raid6.

Anyway, wish you good luck.

And I appreciate the transparency about hardware.

Theoretically, You could also go for raid60 too with 10drives per stripe.

I too had my doubts but I had a good productive conversation with the techs at GorillaServers and we came to the conclusion that RAID-6 was the optimal solution for the task. The RAID card in the server supports 5, 50, 6 and 60 which were all considered :)