Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So you Start or Hetzner?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

So you Start or Hetzner?

mtsbatalhamtsbatalha Member
edited May 2016 in General

Hello guys,
What's the better dedicated server So you Start or Hetzner?
Considering bandwidth guaranteed, network, HD storage and CPU.

What's the better dedi server
  1. So you Start or Hetzner?29 votes
    1. So you Start
      41.38%
    2. Hetzner
      58.62%

Comments

• xrzxrz Member

sys but never tried hetzener, probably will never ever try ^^

• @xrz said:
    sys but never tried hetzener, probably will never ever try ^^

Why never?

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2016

If you can't afford OVH services ( SYS a lower end of OVH ), it is better to go with Hetzner, nothing personal :)

• Soyoustart = bad support, but stable network

Hetzner = good support, but null route when you get network abuse.

Thanked by 1mtsbatalha
  • well, do you need kvm? What are you going to do with the server? (OVH network is better)

Thanked by 2Wicked mtsbatalha
  • @Geekoine said:
    well, do you need kvm? What are you going to do with the server? (OVH network is better)

Seedbox and Backup server.
    Do you have/had a Hetzner or SYS/OVH server?

• GeekoineGeekoine Member
    edited May 2016

@mtsbatalha said:

I have an OVH enterprise which is really good (with fast support) and I can see that SYS lacks of KVM access. Probably they provide different levels of support based on what you bought (I guess it from the fact that support is really slow on my 2 ovh vps cloud), but I'm not sure. You shouldn't have any problem with a seedbox on a OVH/SYS server. Perhaps, it would be oversized.

Edit: I would consider some online.net specials, too. If you are not in a hurry, of course.

• mtsbatalhamtsbatalha Member
    edited May 2016

@Geekoine said:

@mtsbatalha said:

I have an OVH enterprise which is really good (with fast support) and I can see that SYS lacks of KVM access. Probably they provide different levels of support based on what you bought (I guess it from the fact that support is really slow on my 2 ovh vps cloud), but I'm not sure. You shouldn't have any problem with a seedbox on a OVH/SYS server. Perhaps, it would be oversized.

Thanks man. Do you have trited Hetzner?

• GeekoineGeekoine Member
    edited May 2016

@mtsbatalha said:

I had an i7 for 1 month. I rarely got 1 Gbit/s in my tests, but it was good. Anyway, it was really a short period.

• @Geekoine said:

@mtsbatalha said:

I had an i7 for 1 month. I rarely got 1 Gbit/s in my tests, but it was good. Anyway, it was really a short period.

Can I ask why you have cancelled it?

• FredQcFredQc Member
    edited May 2016

I would say SyS. But remember, lower priced servers are desktop / workstation computer grade. The "newer" E5 gets real server grade Supermicro boards and ECC RAM.

• @mtsbatalha said:

@Geekoine said:

I got a online.net special for the same project, so I didn't need it anymore (to be precise: the person who had taken it decided to move to online.net for the same project)

Thanked by 1mtsbatalha
  • @FredQc said:
    I would say SyS. But remember, lower priced servers are desktop / workstation computer grade. The "newer" E5 gets real server grade Supermicro boards and ECC RAM.

Most of Hetzner serverbidding servers, too. Probably, more than SYS.