Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Plesk Windows - Import Backup not working
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Plesk Windows - Import Backup not working

KeyJeyKeyJey Member

Helo, who here has experience with Plesk Windows ? I've restored a customer's windows Plesk backup in a new Windows server and I can't make it work.

I don't have experience with Plesk for windows, and the web (IIS) works fine coz I installed a WordPress site in a different account, so it's somerthing inside the restored account.

The backup and DB restores OK, the DB is assigned to site, and I also reinstalled ms sql server instance to the same name that has in the previous server.

But I don't see the way to check and / or fix.

This is the error I see after long time browsing the root site ith chrome:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Request timed out.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Request timed out.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[HttpException (0x80004005): Request timed out.]

Any tips ? where to start ?

Thanks

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Check logs

• @MrGeneral said:
    Check logs

:D

• Most probably, your new windows server (restored website) is having different ASP.Net version compared to your old windows server. Check IIS settings, check Dedicated application pool settings and compare your ASP.Net version in both the servers.

Thanked by 1KeyJey
  • IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2016

Hello,

If you use a backup file both servers must be the same plesk version.

If you still have the old server use live migration instead.

• I finally got the way for plesk to show any errors, and I got this on latest tests:

[Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified]

[SqlException (0x80131904): A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)]
       System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, UInt32 waitForMultipleObjectsTimeout, Boolean allowCreate, Boolean onlyOneCheckConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection) +414
       System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection) +78
       System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection, DbConnectionInternal& connection) +196
       System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.TryOpenConnectionInternal(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions) +146
       System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.TryOpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions) +16
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpenInner(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry) +94
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpen(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry) +110
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +96
       NHibernate.Connection.DriverConnectionProvider.GetConnection() +112
       NHibernate.Tool.hbm2ddl.SuppliedConnectionProviderConnectionHelper.Prepare() +14
       NHibernate.Tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaMetadataUpdater.GetReservedWords(Dialect dialect, IConnectionHelper connectionHelper) +59
       NHibernate.Tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaMetadataUpdater.Update(ISessionFactory sessionFactory) +78
       NHibernate.Impl.SessionFactoryImpl..ctor(Configuration cfg, IMapping mapping, Settings settings, EventListeners listeners) +700
       NHibernate.Cfg.Configuration.BuildSessionFactory() +104
       DAO.NHibernateSessionProvider.get_SessionFactory() +27
       Business.Services.Config.IdiomaService.getDefault() +25
       Web.Lang.InitializeCulture() +554
       ASP.index_aspx.__BuildControlTree(index_aspx __ctrl) +60
       ASP.index_aspx.FrameworkInitialize() +44
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +48
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +72
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +21
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +58
       ASP.index_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +4
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +341
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +69

And

502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.
    There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server

Rest, all looks okay, only difference I see from old hosting is the ASP.Net version, in origin is 4.5.2 and my server has 4.5.1.

• MrGeneral said: Check logs

Thanks ;)

• Ikoula said: If you use a backup file both servers must be the same plesk version.

If you still have the old server use live migration instead.

Plesk version is same, 12.5 ... SQL Express also same, SQL Server 2014 express .... only difference is ASP from 4.5.2 to 4.5.1

Will keep checking.

Thanks buddy.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

You're welcome