Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

espace2001 is not responding
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

espace2001 is not responding

lifehomelifehome Member
edited April 2016 in Help

I have recently transferred my domain to espace2001, however the expiry date is not renewed, hence I created a ticket to ask about the situation, whether the transfer fee is included the renewal fee or not.

BUT, there is no reply ever since. Any idea what I should do? I am panic right now as the domain is going to expire in a short few months.

UPDATE: You're welcome to WHOIS my domain -- crafting.hk

Comments

• GCatGCat Member

@lifehome said:
    I have recently transferred my domain to espace2001, however the expiry date is not renewed, hence I created a ticket to ask about the situation, whether the transfer fee is included the renewal fee or not.

BUT, there is no reply ever since. Any idea what I should do? I am panic right now as the domain is going to expire in a short few months.

Transfer it out of there then

• I was thinking about transferring a few .ca to them, time to rethink. Does the whois show them as the registrar or still the old one?

• lifehomelifehome Member
    edited April 2016

@GCat said: Transfer it out of there then

I wasted dollars then transfer it out? WTF is the point?

@TheOnlyDK said:
    I was thinking about transferring a few .ca to them, time to rethink. Does the whois show them as the registrar or still the old one?

Yes, but it shows 1API GmbH instead of their name, quite confusing.
    Note: The transfer process took 1 whole day, plus another afternoon, then it's finished.
    EDIT: Also the panel provided is WHMCS, where all the functions are useless. You can only pay with the system, not editing/toggling things.

• GCatGCat Member

@lifehome said:

@GCat said: Transfer it out of there then

I wasted dollars then transfer it out? WTF is the point?

They're likely resellers and the systems messed up, just transfer out otherwise RIP domain

@TheOnlyDK said:
    I was thinking about transferring a few .ca to them, time to rethink. Does the whois show them as the registrar or still the old one?

Yes, but it shows 1API GmbH instead of their name, quite confusing.
    Note: The transfer process took 1 whole day, plus another afternoon, then it's finished.
    EDIT: Also the panel provided is WHMCS, where all the functions are useless. You can only pay with the system, not editing/toggling things.

lol WHMCS for domain management good joke lol

• @GCat said:

That's where I stopped. Anyone know cheap .ca transfer and/or renews? Currently best price is netfirms.

Sorry for jacking your thread. /no XD

• GCatGCat Member

@TheOnlyDK said:

@GCat said:

That's where I stopped. Anyone know cheap .ca transfer and/or renews? Currently best price is netfirms.

Sorry for jacking your thread. /no XD

GoDaddy is like $15/yr

EasyDNS is $15/year (I prefer EasyDNS myself)

• @GCat said:
    GoDaddy is like $15/yr

EasyDNS is $15/year (I prefer EasyDNS myself)

Netfirms is $9.95 a year, I think the same price for transfers and renews.

• LOL can I file a chargeback bcuz of this sh*t?

• GCatGCat Member

@lifehome said:
    LOL can I file a chargeback bcuz of this sh*t?

Depends if you value the domain name. If you do then no, if you don't then do.

Thanked by 2Mark_R lifehome
  • @GCat said:

@lifehome said:
    LOL can I file a chargeback bcuz of this sh*t?

Depends if you value the domain name. If you do then no, if you don't then do.

Duh, I filed before read your comment. Well, it's fine to remove some burden from me, but it's always good for me to have this domain kept, as it has some historical meaning.

• DustlabDustlab Member
    edited April 2016

@TheOnlyDK said:

They use Canspace as their registrar. Basically the same price if you go direct to canspace.ca and you'll have greater control over them. I made the mistake of transferring a domain to espace and regretted it as soon as I realized they need to do shit like nameserver updates for you at canspace. Took like 4 days in a ticket to sort it out.
    Never again.

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited April 2016

@Dustlab said:

@TheOnlyDK said:

They use Canspace as their registrar. Basically the same price if you go direct to canspace.ca and you'll have greater control over them. I made the mistake of transferring a domain to espace and regretted it as soon as I realized they need to do shit like nameserver updates for you at canspace. Took like 4 days in a ticket to sort it out.
    Never again.

But the price is higher than espace2001? It's only $8 something on espace but canspace is $10.

EDIT: Went on live chat, canspace transfer and renew cost is $9.75 per year for a .ca, and is paid in CAD. So that's about $7.62 at current exchange rate. Netfirms is $13 CAD, cansapce is the cheapest so far.

They also use WHMCS though, should I be concerned?

• There is no cause for concern, unless you're a Canadian and want to participate in international commerce.

• lifehomelifehome Member
    edited April 2016

Whoah, I cannot login to espace2001's WHMCS panel after this message:

Bonjour,

Vous avez ouvert une réclamation auprès de paypal suite au transfert de votre nom de domaine.
    Ceci nous empèche de renouveler votre nom de domaine, celui-ci n'étant pas payé.

Nous attirons votre attention sur le fait que ceci peut entrainer des frais importants né d'une mise en période de rédemption de votre nom de domaine ou entrainer la perte de ce dernier.

Nous nous réservons également la possibilité de vous facturer les frais généré par cet incident de paiement

Cordialement
    Guy

Hello,

You have opened a claim with paypal following the transfer of your domain name.

This prevents us to renew your domain name as it is not paid.

We draw your attention to the fact that this may result in significant costs born of a set grace period of your domain name or cause the loss of this domain.

We also reserve the possibility to charge the costs generated by the incident of payment.

cordially
    Guy

ID Ticket: #811689
    Sujet: Transfer pending?
    Statut: 已回覆

URL du ticket: https://cp.espace2001.com/viewticket.php?tid=811689&c=V1Dp9yQh

I decided to escalate this chargeback issue to Paypal, classifies as "Fraud".

As I just contacted HKIRC(nic of .hk), the domain is owned by the owner instead of any registrar, nor any registrar can detain any domain; which it exactly the "description" of my case.