Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Euserv - How things work
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Euserv - How things work

When I signed up for a dedi with EUServ, it took around two days to for the server to show a root password after I installed the OS. I opened a ticket about this process to make sure I understood and it took over 3 days to get a response. Please understand I am not whining about how long things take for a $10 a month service, I'm just trying to understand how things work. But does it take approximately 48 hours every time you reinstall with EUServ?

I am on my first reinstallation and have the hourglass for over 2 hours. This is a bit of a shock when you are used to the 10 minute reinstalls with US providers.

If it turns out that 3 day responses to tickets are normal, along with 48 hour reinstalls, I'll just plan accordingly.

Comments

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Likely the installation process is not automated.

Thanked by 1MTUser2012
  • ehabehab Member

hi, i tried Misurfi LC10 and reinstalls take not more than 10 mins... yes tickets do take time but they reply. overall my experience is good, no complaints.

For your case it can be the boot order need to be changed : standard - 1st HDD etc ... then do a webroot this helped me understand why it takes a long time to get back online again. Hope this helps.

Thanked by 1MTUser2012
  • trvztrvz Member

EUserv are a bunch of scammers, I can only recommend to stay away from them.

If you still want to use them, don't pay with Paypal, as you won't be able to chargeback there if/when stuff doesn't work out. (Use a credit card.)

• ehabehab Member

@trvz said:
    EUserv are a bunch of scammers, I can only recommend to stay away from them.

evidence!

• I have 2 of those "Misurfi LC5" boxes from EUserv, both times i ordered its been out of stock, i was getting a bad impression as they made no contact or anything, just took the setup-fee and 1 months service payment and after almost 2 months (took about 7 weeks from order) i got a email that my server was ready.

But instead of the Atom CPU and 2GB of RAM (they do say at least a atom cpu but you can get better specs)

I got a Celeron J1800 and 4GB ram, my 2nd server got delivered in about 1month and on that one i got a Celeron J1900 and 4GB ram, so both times i got at least the specs of the "LC10" box but for the LC5 monthly fee.

I've not contacted support since i got the machines about ~6months ago.

Thanked by 1MTUser2012
  • bookmarked

• Yes, like you I signed up for the LC5 box, but got specs that match the LC10, which was a pleasant surprise. It looks like support is slow by US standards, but everything else seems fine. I like the control panel as it seems easy to use.

The only other surprise was finding that Centos 7.2 came with the EPEL and RPMForge repos enabled by default. I didn't discover this until my Virtualmin installation failed. I am doing the reinstall, and will use plugin priorities to control the repos.

@zrunner said:
    I have 2 of those "Misurfi LC5" boxes from EUserv, both times i ordered its been out of stock, i was getting a bad impression as they made no contact or anything, just took the setup-fee and 1 months service payment and after almost 2 months (took about 7 weeks from order) i got a email that my server was ready.

But instead of the Atom CPU and 2GB of RAM (they do say at least a atom cpu but you can get better specs)

I got a Celeron J1800 and 4GB ram, my 2nd server got delivered in about 1month and on that one i got a Celeron J1900 and 4GB ram, so both times i got at least the specs of the "LC10" box but for the LC5 monthly fee.

I've not contacted support since i got the machines about ~6months ago.

Thanked by 1pedagang
  • I have the LC5 and it has been about 24hours, of course over a weekend. I'll just wait and if my server doesn't have a root password showing by Monday midday, I'll open a ticket.

@ehab said:
    hi, i tried Misurfi LC10 and reinstalls take not more than 10 mins... yes tickets do take time but they reply. overall my experience is good, no complaints.

For your case it can be the boot order need to be changed : standard - 1st HDD etc ... then do a webroot this helped me understand why it takes a long time to get back online again. Hope this helps.