Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SMTP provider that does not require configuring domain
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SMTP provider that does not require configuring domain

Hi,

I need to send emails from an unknown domain. With mandrill I could just put my email address and API key in with no problems, but since mandrill costs are stupidly high now I've got to change provider.

Sendgrid and mxroute both require configuring the domain before I can use SMTP details, are there any that don't?

Outbound spam filtering would be nice but not a must. This is for a cPanel server!

Thanked by 1GCat

Comments

• Did you check mailjet?

Thanked by 2GCat linuxthefish
  • Do you mean something like this : http://www.mailchannels.com/

I am sure you can set mailchannels to deal with all your outgoing emails from CPanel/WHM without setting up each client's domain.

• SendGrid makes you configure a domain, but you can send from other domains with your credentials.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

MailChannels

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Did you check ColoCrossing?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

If I remember correctly, SendGrid will allow you to do this. They will just sign with their DKIM just like Mandrill did.

• GCatGCat Member

@jarland said:
    MailChannels

I'd use MailChannels directly myself but too expensive for a small amount of emails.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish

@GCat said:
    I'd use MailChannels directly myself but too expensive for a small amount of emails.

For what it's worth I'm investigating the idea of selling MailChannels API keys, possibly with mail server management (basically give me access to shut down spammers without blocking your whole API key).

• GCatGCat Member

@jarland said:
    For what it's worth I'm investigating the idea of selling MailChannels API keys, possibly with mail server management (basically give me access to shut down spammers without blocking your whole API key).

How much would you sell for? hmmm

• AshleyUk said: I am sure you can set mailchannels to deal with all your outgoing emails from CPanel/WHM without setting up each client's domain.

>

you can do the same with sendgrid, im doing it

Thanked by 1linuxthefish

@GCat said:
    How much would you sell for? hmmm

Off the top of my head was something like $20-$30/m.

• GCatGCat Member

@jarland said:
    Off the top of my head was something like $20-$30/m.

What limitations would you put on them?

• @jarland said:

Interestingly, when this service might be available?

• GCatGCat Member

@TheKiller said:
    Did you check mailjet?

Mailjet will do that, however, one thing to note:

MJ Support: We can indeed do that, however the emails would be tagged with an email address you own as the sender for validation, and it may show in some email clients as being: "From you@yourdomain on behalf of yourcustomer@theirdomain"

Thanked by 1TheKiller

@GCat said:
    What limitations would you put on them?

Thinking just emails sent, like 50k outbound. Not sure about tracking outbound by API key though.

@shileno said:
    Interestingly, when this service might be available?

I wouldn't advise anyone to hold their breath ;)

• @Nyr said:
    If I remember correctly, SendGrid will allow you to do this. They will just sign with their DKIM just like Mandrill did.

Yep sendgrid works fine for this, thanks guys for the suggestions!

Turns out I forgot to check the "mail" access checkbox in credentials, and the "not allowed from" SMTP error message didn't mean much :(

All sorted.

Thanked by 1GCat
  • Hi,

Old post, I know... but looking for the same thing: an SMTP Relay that does not requires “per” domain verification to send Transactional Emails.

Just like Mail.Baby and MailChannels, where we just need to add SPF to the user DNS.

At the moment I’m using Mail.Baby, that already uses MailChannels when needed. And now I want to have redundancy in SMTP. So must have two email smtp relays. First is Mail.Baby, looking for the second one.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@nqservices said: Old post, I know

Then start a new thread.

This discussion has been closed.