Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Domain Monitor Script?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Domain Monitor Script?

MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
edited April 2016 in Help

Hi folks,

I have a bunch of domains from different providers, and am looking to monitor its status, expiry date, etc automatically. I'd need email notifications, any suggestion?

Besides this one http://tinymonitor.com/domain-monitor , can't find anything much.

Edit: Want self-hosted.

Comments

• cociucociu Member

you can give me a gift (the last domain what you have buy ) for exemple , no future need to monitorise :)

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited April 2016

Hehehe! :)

I'm getting even better domains.

• MrGeneral said: Edit: Want self-hosted.

It's pretty hard to do this as self-hosted as each Whois server have its query limit from single IP.

@seikan said:
    It's pretty hard to do this as self-hosted as each Whois server have its query limit from single IP.

Yeah that's something that worries me, need to think about it.

edited April 2016

@seikan

http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/rhel-fedora-linux-install-internet-whois-nicname-client/

Might solve that tho.

Edit: Nah, it'll limit anyway, it's not server but client.

• @MrGeneral said:
    seikan

http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/rhel-fedora-linux-install-internet-whois-nicname-client/

Might solve that tho.

Edit: Nah, it'll limit anyway, it's not server but client.

It's perfectly easy to do it without getting blacklisted. After all, your domain information won't change that much in a year.

• @MrGeneral i can recommend you.. dnmin.com

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Prtg from paessler.

100 sensors free (can monitor other things as well).

There is a custom sensor for monitoring domain status.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@luissousa said:
    It's perfectly easy to do it without getting blacklisted. After all, your domain information won't change that much in a year.

Agreed, but the system I am checking, will get me blocked, since it'll update all in a cronjob...

@Catalin said:
    MrGeneral i can recommend you.. dnmin.com

Will check, thank you!

@mikho said:
    Prtg from paessler.

100 sensors free (can monitor other things as well).

There is a custom sensor for monitoring domain status.

Will investigate, thanks!

• @MrGeneral said:

Use excel sheet to sort domains by expiry dates. Also use email reminders for domain renewal dates.

P.S: You can enable auto renew on domains. You'll get few email reminders from your providers when 90, 60, 30 days left.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@TheKiller said:
    P.S: You can enable auto renew on domains. You'll get few email reminders from your providers when 90, 60, 30 days left.

Yeah, got it, thanks for the ideas :)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

seikan said: It's pretty hard to do this as self-hosted as each Whois server have its query limit from single IP.

Right but let's say you have 100 domains. You don't need to check every one every hour. You could check them once a month and record in a DB. If a domain is set to expire August 1st, then if the DB learns that in March, the worst that can happen is that in April you'll renew early and then the DB will update when it checks in April.

• You can always use google calender to make it simple also.

• Catalin said: dnmin.com

Thanks for the recommendation. New version is development now, with better UI, faster lookup, and more features!

Thanked by 2bersy Noerman