Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AboveClouds - Scalable Cloud Hosting, Pure SSD, Custom Control Panel, Hourly Billing.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AboveClouds - Scalable Cloud Hosting, Pure SSD, Custom Control Panel, Hourly Billing.

JacobJacob Member

Hello :)

AboveClouds is a recently formed company (~ 6 months), providing high performance Pure SSD virtual containers, based upon our fully integrated billing and customer control panel.

What about features?

• Automated or On-Demand scalability
  • Start/Pause/Restart/Reinstall
  • Hourly billing with itemized billing, easy to track and we put all the figures out in the open for you to see within the MyCloud Control Panel.
  • Quick Deposit, don't mess around with having to enter any details... just choose the amount and proceed to the gateway, just like that..!
  • Performance Analysis, our automated control panel monitors your instance every 30 seconds, and then provides the average/maximum figures recorded for a 24 hour period on a per hour basis.
  • Automated Reverse DNS Records through the Control Panel
  • Add / Delete additional IP Addresses, add comments to IPs (IPv4 & IPv6!)
  • Easy to use API, available to all customers.

And there's also a lot more.. :)

So what's it gonna' cost me?

Good news for you! All customers (existing and new) can receive a 25% discount on any resource plan with the promotional code 25OFFLIFETIME.

The Micro Cloud
  • 512MB Dedicated Memory
  • 1024MB vSwap
  • 1 vCPU Core
  • 10GB Pure SSD RAID 10 Storage
  • 1,000GB Bandwidth, 1Gb/s.

Cost Per Hour: £0.003
Cost Per Month: £2.16

The Starter Cloud
  • 1024MB Dedicated Memory
  • 2048MB vSwap
  • 1 vCPU Core
  • 20GB Pure SSD RAID 10 Storage
  • 2,000GB Bandwidth, 1Gb/s.

Cost Per Hour: £0.004
Cost Per Month: £2.88

The Advanced Cloud
  • 2048MB Dedicated Memory
  • 4096MB vSwap
  • 2 vCPU Cores
  • 40GB Pure SSD RAID 10 Storage
  • 3,000GB Bandwidth, 1Gb/s.

Cost Per Hour: £0.005
Cost Per Month: £3.60

There's a minimum deposit amount of £2.50 for any transaction.

What's the location, and what's the hardware specs?

Datacentre: UK Servers, Coventry.

Test IPv4: 94.229.65.150

Looking Glass: http://as42831.net/ (Provided by UK Servers)

The hypervisors are 2 x E5-2609, a minimum of 32GB DDR3 RAM, RAID 10 Array consisting of Samsung 850 Pros.

Any questions at all please don't hesitate to ask guys! :)

Comments

• so is this Openvz or Kvm unless I missed.

• JacobJacob Member

Thank you for your question.

All of the above are OpenVZ virtualised containers.

@tenpera said:
    so is this Openvz or Kvm unless I missed.

• SWIP is still available how did i've seen in an old post ?

• JacobJacob Member
    edited April 2016

Hi Catalin,

We can SWIP IPs upon request, that's no problem at all.

@Catalin said:
    SWIP is still available how did i've seen in an old post ?

• J1021J1021 Member

You renting out tower servers?!

https://aboveclouds.co.uk/dedicated-servers/

• JacobJacob Member

Hi,

There was some.. these units are all gone now.

@kcaj said:
    You renting out tower servers?!

https://aboveclouds.co.uk/dedicated-servers/

Thanked by 1noaman
  • lazytlazyt Member

Sigh BBC iplayer says not UK same setup works using DO.

• Heh you sneaky "foreigner". Gotcha!

Actually am doing the same. I just signed up with them under a different promo. Testing for a few weeks. iPlayer does work for me. AboveClouds has floating IPs so you may just have been assigned a "bad" IP. I got one in the 185.115.xxx.xxx range. Anyway, the Beeb is cracking down on VPNs and proxies, so it's a bit of a lottery. With AboveClouds, you can just deploy a new instance and you'll get a new IP.

@lazyt said:

Thanked by 1Jacob
  • JacobJacob Member

Hello,

Apologies for the late reply, I've been in a rural area with limited Internet access since yesterday.

Can you drop in an email with your IP and this will be looked into further or as @lemming said, spin up a new instance and you will receive a completely different IP Address.

Let me know if you have any further problems at all.

@lazyt said:

• lazytlazyt Member

Thanks guys, I'll spin a new one up once I get a chance. I'm on mobile right now.

• Do you have nameservers that can be used?

• JacobJacob Member

Hi,
    We do but for internal usage only as their is no end user interface to manage this at present.

Let me know if you need anything further.

@Jeffstunes said:
    Do you have nameservers that can be used?

• @Jacob Do you support fuse and tun devices on your servers?

• @yomero said:
    @Jacob Do you support fuse and tun devices on your servers?

Both are supported.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • Thanks, will try to order today or tomorrow. This promo is still available?

Thanked by 1Jacob
  • I've been running a server on this for nearly a year now but several days ago I stopped receiving emails on my server. I can send out emails from the server. I've contacted support with no response and I've done some extensive digging. Nothing had changed on my server so the sudden stop in emails had to be something else. I checked logs. Nothing. I checked the firewall. Nothing. The only conclusion I can come to is that port 25 has somehow been blocked inbound because messages get out to external services but nothing is received from them. Mail works within addresses on the server and from the server to external addresses but nothing enters from outside.
    This would make it useless for mail as servers require port 25 to talk to each other. I maybe on the wrong track here but I can't find any other reason. I am assuming that the emails messages don't reach my server because of the absence of any logs entries regarding incoming mail.
    Coming on here is a last resort because I have had no response to my support request and am unlikely to if I'm not receiving emails. Hopefully Jacob might be able to confirm if he has made any changes to global port access.