Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

virtual6 down? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

virtual6 down?

2»

Comments

• BradBrad Member

@WHT said:

Guess you didn't.

Unfortunately it's not as simple as provisioning another node, we wouldn't be able to meet the resources/pricing we can offer from OVH otherwise we would have to increase prices which people wouldn't like, we decided it would be better to just scrap the budget service.

Thanked by 1ratherbak3d
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I'll remember this thread when people tell me that OVH is the future of the industry and we should all be confidant running production services with OVH.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

OVH is a joke. That's all I can say. When I was dealing with them I had to phone for anything to be done in a timely fashion. I'm now working with online and it's a thousand times better.

I think your best bet, if you wanted to get things back, would be to go to one of their office in person and work it out with them.

Good luck, and keep us updated.

Thanked by 1ratherbak3d
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Hmmm, so your website, virtual6.net is empty? No files there...

• MrGeneral said: Hmmm, so your website, virtual6.net is empty? No files there...

Our website was hosted at OVH too. We're in the process of restoring from backups across the board.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@raindog308 said:
    I'll remember this thread when people tell me that OVH is the future of the industry and we should all be confidant running production services with OVH.

Just remember there's two sides to every story. It's entirely possible that the mistake does not lie with OVH. Banks make mistakes as well and often refuse to investigate beyond their basic workflows.

Thanked by 1Dylan
  • jarland said: Just remember there's two sides to every story. It's entirely possible that the mistake does not lie with OVH. Banks make mistakes as well and often refuse to investigate beyond their basic workflows.

I thought this at first too, it was only when OVH said it was a US card I was happy that it wasn't our bank!

We have paid with the same card/account every single month for the last year. Something just doesn't add up.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@ratherbak3d said:
    We have paid with the same card/account every single month for the last year. Something just doesn't add up.

Absolutely positive you're not forgetting about that one month a long time ago where your temporary business partner paid a bill? I ask because I hear stories like this all the time and I've not heard one where it turns out the host was incorrect. That said, I don't know how OVH handles their CC information so I don't know how likely mistakes are for them.

• jarland said: Absolutely positive you're not forgetting about that one month a long time ago where your temporary business partner paid a bill? I ask because I hear stories like this all the time and I've not heard one where it turns out the host was incorrect. That said, I don't know how OVH handles their CC information so I don't know how likely mistakes are for them.

1000%. I have a transaction from our bank account made by me for the invoice OVH have said was charged back too. It wouldn't let two people pay the same invoice.

Thanked by 1jar
  • bump... and i hope this provider doesn't to be deadpool , because he (@ratherbak3d) ready to prepare make new datacenter in London (at least he have told me in mail). I'm still waiting for the assurance from him.

• In other news, OVH have had a change of heart and granted access. We have managed to recover our node in France, but it was too late for Canada.

I've paid our bill and France is back online.

• ehabehab Member

@ratherbak3d said:
    In other news, OVH have had a change of heart and granted access.

may i ask what was in their response email?

• ratherbak3dratherbak3d Member
    edited March 2016

"Hello,

Okay, we have reactivated your account as requested. As you can see though we did receive a payment for an order under your account which was reversed which is why we did take the action. However in this case we have made an exception."

No explanation as to why or how the mistake occurred. No refund for our Canada server which was taken down that we have still successfully paid on our end. It's safe to say we won't be deploying anything else at OVH right now.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • @ratherbak3d , so give me clear answer, is this that you mean you will not give any compensation for me as your user in CANADA server ?

Even this is not my false, i hope anyone can help me to see my position as customer that don't know what the provider's problem with their server as he is a reseller for OVH.

actually i can accept if the provider give me the real resolution with this problem, because i see i'm the only one and look like a minority in here as member of LowEndTalk that suffer like this.

now with who i should look for justice ?

• d2itsme said: @ratherbak3d , so give me clear answer, is this that you mean you will not give any compensation for me as your user in CANADA server ?

Even this is not my false, i hope anyone can help me to see my position as customer that don't know what the provider's problem with their server as he is a reseller for OVH.

actually i can accept if the provider give me the real resolution with this problem, because i see i'm the only one and look like a minority in here as member of LowEndTalk that suffer like this.

now with who i should look for justice ?

As a Canada customer you're entitled to a full refund as was stated in our email which was sent to everybody, I don't understand why you keep making a bigger deal out of this situation, you're certainly not a minority, everybody had the same email. If you're asking why I haven't addressed you here or via PM, we have a support desk for that and I don't see any open tickets.

Thanked by 1d2itsme
  • century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited March 2016

an image of the ovh message would be nice too :)

@ratherbak3d said:
    As a Canada customer you're entitled to a full refund as was stated in our email

I believe it's becoz @d2itsme did not receive refund? :)

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @ratherbak3d said:
    As a Canada customer you're entitled to a full refund as was stated in our email which was sent to everybody, I don't understand why you keep making a bigger deal out of this situation, you're certainly not a minority, everybody had the same email. If you're asking why I haven't addressed you here or via PM, we have a support desk for that and I don't see any open tickets.

>

ohh i'm sorry i'm not checking my email lately because of my busy day,, really i want to apologize to you , it was a misunderstanding, forgive me.

• d2itsme said: ohh i'm sorry i'm not checking my email lately because of my busy day,, really i want to apologize to you , it was a misunderstanding, forgive me.

Just open a ticket with us and we can get this dealt with, either provisioning you a new VPS in France or a refund, it's up to you.