Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

virtual6 down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

virtual6 down?

My servers are down and even their own website seems to be down.

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/virtual6.net.html

Comments

• MadMad Member

That's clear enough.

• ratherbak3dratherbak3d Member
    edited March 2016

Hello.

As per our emails, OVH has suspended our account (Ongoing for the last two weeks) but since we cannot login to pay our invoices, our servers have now been suspended. OVH literally couldn't care less as to be expected.

We're working on it as we speak. You should have had numerous emails regarding us terminating our V6VS lines at OVH, though. I suppose I should summarize what has happened for those that don't know.

1) 14/03/16 OVH Suspend our Canada node and block access to control panel without notification. We contact them about this.

2) 16/03/16 OVH Finally respond informing us that our account has been suspended due to a chargeback, at which we point we ring our bank. Our bank confirm they have done no such thing and confirm that payment left our account.

3) Between then and now OVH take one working day per reply and insist that somebody with a US card triggered a chargeback on one of our orders, we don't have or use a US bank card or even account matching the details they gave us.

4) 23/03/16 Our remaining servers are suspended due to non payment as we still can't login to pay invoices.

To be honest, even if they fixed this we would leave after this anyway. We have cancelled all V6VS services and are in the process of refunding all of our customers, it's been a massive hit for us and wiped out most of our customer base but we will continue on!

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

He deadpooled again?

Wasn't it that Guy who sold/deadpooled his other Company and launched virtual6?

edited March 2016

Neoon said: He deadpooled again?

Wasn't it that Guy who sold/deadpooled his other Company and launched virtual6?

Did you even read the thread before you replied? This "Guy" has been in the industry for over 10 years and I've never deadpooled a company, I've sold them, there's a MASSIVE difference.

@ratherbak3d said:

Well thats what i said.

Even in 10 Years you can deadpool, there is not such a thing it wont happen.

edited March 2016

Neoon said: Well thats what i said.

Even in 10 Years you can deadpool, there is not such a thing it wont happen.

Well, you used the word deadpool twice? Make that three.

The companies you mentioned are still running I doubt they would want you labeling them as dead-pooled.

edited March 2016

@ratherbak3d said:
    Did you even read the thread before you replied?

I did not noticed that, dam. Sorry.

• Neoon said: I did not noticed that, dam. Sorry.

No problem!

• d2itsmed2itsme Member
    edited March 2016

so what will gonna do @ratherbak3d ? i'm not get clearly answered on emails from you.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@d2itsme said:
    so what will gonna do ratherbak3d ? i'm not get clearly answered on emails from you.

probably go and choose a new provider, book a service and rebuild your system from your backups.

edited March 2016

d2itsme said: so what will gonna do @ratherbak3d ? i'm not get clearly answered on emails from you.

I'm confused, you've had the same emails as everybody else, so you should know what's happening from here.

Unfortunately it's not as simple as provisioning another node, we wouldn't be able to meet the resources/pricing we can offer from OVH otherwise we would have to increase prices which people wouldn't like, we decided it would be better to just scrap the budget service.

If it was this simple, we would have just provisioned on our own hardware in the UK.

• @Falzo yeah so hard doing in business if accident happened like this.. i just got bad luck, But i appreciate @ratherbak3d try effort looking way to refund even in the uncertainly time but i keep still waiting for it.

• d2itsme said: @Falzo yeah so hard doing in business if accident happened like this.. i just got bad luck, But i appreciate @ratherbak3d try effort looking way to refund even in the uncertainly time but i keep still waiting for it.

It's a rubbish situation that's lost us customers as well as costing us a lot of time and money, but we knew OVH support was slow to start with, I would have thought they would have handled this better but I guess we're just another number to them.

• ktkt Member, Host Rep

I assume you've already tried calling OVH? UK side of OVH seem to be pretty responsive even though it's usually one or two guys replying to all the requests.

edited March 2016

kt said: I assume you've already tried calling OVH? UK side of OVH seem to be pretty responsive even though it's usually one or two guys replying to all the requests.

Yes I'm dealing with the UK branch.

Unfortunately they're confident there's a chargeback on their end and we're confident there isn't one on our end.

They're telling us to deal with the bank and dispute yet can only tell us it's a US account and the last four card digits (How can we deal with a dispute from a bank account that isn't ours?)

We have the order, invoice and transaction details from our UK bank account. So how can two people pay the same order and most importantly, how can somebody else apply a payment to our invoice?

This is what I've been dealing with for two weeks. They won't budge and I've provided everything we have as proof. But they won't assist any further with it.

As it stands, we're down money for the server as our own payment was successful and at the moment still non refunded, down all of our servers and refunding customers as well.

• WHTWHT Member

Why dont pay the invoice again and then deal with the "chargeback"?

edited March 2016

WHT said: Why dont pay the invoice again and then deal with the "chargeback"?

They won't unsuspend our account, so how can we? That's the whole problem.

• apollo15apollo15 Member
    edited March 2016

Thats what you get when you decide to use cheapest of cheapest for production use. Not a good idea.

edited March 2016

apollo15 said: Thats what you get when you decide to use cheapest of cheapest for production use.

Yeah, we've acknowledged that? And our customers know what they're buying too. We offered no SLA openly on those services.

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited March 2016

you mean you're still waiting for your refund........ just to be clear

@d2itsme said:

it probably has something to do with validation

• @century1stop said:
    you mean you're still waiting for your refund........ just to be clear

>
    what you mean clear????
    it's not our false....
    so what i have buy ??? a lottery ??

what's matter with you?????

• @d2itsme learn a better English

Thanked by 1century1stop
  • century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited March 2016

d2itsme ~ highly aggravated individual

@gonggo said:

• WHTWHT Member

@ratherbak3d said:

Dont buy from OVH buy from somewhere else and create new vps for your clients before they srart to chargeback. After you clear the mess with the chargeback give to clients backup.

• BlazingServersBlazingServers Member, Host Rep

Coaccidentally that happened to me too but I just phoned them up (US number), told them the matter, created a ticket, waited for 5 hours and it was solved.

• BlazingServers said: Coaccidentally that happened to me too but I just phoned them up (US number), told them the matter, created a ticket, waited for 5 hours and it was solved.

Lucky you :)

• BlazingServersBlazingServers Member, Host Rep

@ratherbak3d said:
    Lucky you :)

Yes. To be honest, I really have never faced any problem with OVH with my 6 months of having a server with them.

• BradBrad Member

@WHT said:

Maybe if you read the entire thread, you'd know why he's not already doing it.

Thanked by 1ratherbak3d
  • WHTWHT Member

@Brad said:

He dident said that his paypal or bank account got closed so he have money to purchase new server

• I have a few servers with OVH which I use for off-site backups. Truth be told, I never really had any problems (with the exception of the fiber cut back in December). However, I would never use them for anything production.

It sounds like somebody accidentally paid your invoice (which I can't understand how, but that's besides the point). Once they realized they paid the wrong invoice they filed a chargeback. A very weird situation indeed.