Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feathur - Open Source VPS Control Panel
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feathur - Open Source VPS Control Panel

MadMad Member
edited March 2016 in General

Q: What is Feathur?

A: Feathur is an open source VPS control panel for providers and enthusiasts.

Q: What virtualizations does Feathur support?

A: Currently OpenVZ and KVM, however it is designed in such a way that it should be fairly easy to add another virtualization type.

This is being developed by BlueVM and it's going to replace the known HyperVM.
The project started back in 2013 and it was stopped something later, though there are good news from them...beginning The Rebuild (03/06/2016).

This is part of the article published on the official website:

"So as a result I've decided to start working on the project again in small amounts [..] The first thing I've come to realize is that I built Feathur in entirely the wrong way to start with and to that end I've created and reset the repo from scratch. The old code base is still there and will remain where it is until such time that I feel like the newer edition is better than the old."

The design will be kept: http://imgur.com/a/dUQCz

Github Repo: https://github.com/Feathur/Feathur/tree/Rebuild

Official website: http://feathur.com/

Thanked by 2coreflux jnelson3149

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Are you taking the piss?

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Are you taking the piss?

Well its hugely unclear but apparently someone is working on rebuilding it.

• @AnthonySmith you can refer to https://feathur.com/ aswell - it gives more details

• AnthonySmith said: Are you taking the piss?

Well, someone is working on it. Last I knew, Johnston owned the nerd.guru domain, so it's a fair assumption.

• MadMad Member
    edited March 2016

@AnthonySmith said:
    Are you taking the piss?

You probably misunderstood it. I'm not the one working on it, the Feathur's developers/owners are doing it as stated in the official website.

I just can't believe Justin is throwing his hat in ... again, he has burned all bridges and has worse communication skills than serveraxis, this will be the 3rd? half finished panel he will end up dropping people in the shit with?

Thanked by 1jvnadr

andreamada said: This is being developed by BlueVM and it's going to replace the known HyperVM. The project started back in 2013 and it was stopped something later, though there are good news from them...beginning The Rebuild (03/06/2016).

BlueVM owned rights to feathr when it was bought by CVPS, CVPS is now owned by ColoCrossing, so who has what, who is who, and frankly, at this stage, why bother?

I dunno, it is just one of those 'wtf' moments for me :)

Thanked by 2Amitz Four20
  • MadMad Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    I dunno, it is just one of those 'wtf' moments for me :)

I missed this part of the story but that's not important, yes. :)

Let's see what will happen.

Thanked by 1Tom
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

The internet doesn't forget. The way he mistreated his clients was sickening. Pawning them off on a company who didn't care about them for pocket change.

• AnthonySmith said: BlueVM owned rights to feathr when it was bought by CVPS

I was under the impression that Feathur was the property of Feathur LLC, and only licensed to BlueVM.

• AnthonySmith said: BlueVM owned rights to feathr

I think that CVPS acquired only bluevm, not feathur, that is probably owned by Justin.
    Feathur could be a really good panel, if he didn't throw away his own efforts and abandoned the whole ship. it has bugs and issues, but it also has a nice and simple interface and installation procedure.
    The problem here is that nobody could trust the developer hold for his project and not throw it away after a couple of months...

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

how is it said its going to replace HyperVM?

• Glad to see that this project is alive again.

• GCatGCat Member

hahaha. you're joking right?

• agentmishra said: how is it said its going to replace HyperVM?

In fairness, it did replace HyperVM, as the dead project people make fun of.

Thanked by 1qrwteyrutiyoup
  • Looks modern and beautiful

• Oh no. Not again. Not BlueVM all over again.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

AnthonySmith said: BlueVM owned rights to feathr when it was bought by CVPS, CVPS is now owned by ColoCrossing, so who has what, who is who, and frankly, at this stage, why bother?

ColoCrossing does not own any rights to Feathur.

Thanked by 2Dylan GCat
  • I can install this now? How to do it? Thx

• MadMad Member

@Alien2001 said:
    I can install this now? How to do it? Thx

It's too early, this is being rebuilt from scratch so you'll need to wait for a beta/stable release.

• The past is the past. I say that anybody who is willing to give some effort to building an open source control panel deserves some respect and tolerance. The proof shall be in the pudding. In the meantime, if you can't be supportive at least be silent.

• @andreamada Alright, I can wait, if you have a Beta release, please PM me, thanks

• MadMad Member

@Alien2001 said:
    andreamada Alright, I can wait, if you have a Beta release, please PM me, thanks

I'm not neither the owner nor the developer :)

They will surely publish a new article as soon as there are updates, actually we can only wait and see what will be going on.