Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review of nodedeploy.com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Review of nodedeploy.com

DataFrogsDataFrogs Banned
edited November 2012 in General

Review: nodedeploy.com
Network: Stable - 8.5/10 - The network is stable and fast however sometimes there are disruptions.
Hardware: Good - 9/10 - The hardware is quite good on Los Angeles systems (KVM).
Support: Support is sometimes slow - 6.5/10

This is my honest review, however even though support is slow, I usually don't need support. Only thing I am waiting on them to do is upload the custom ISO I gave them via direct link in ticket, still heard nothing back about it (about 24 hours ago).

Comments

• Hi,

Yes, we take a look at the ISO before pushing it out, for example we had a user giving us a link to a torrented version of windows xp (cracked) needless to say we refused, if it all checks out though, we'll upload it

Phil

• @PhilND

Be careful that some are not backdoored.
    If it's an official installer then backdooring is nearly impossible, but with tar.gz images etc it's so easy to backdoor...

• @BronzeByte It's ok, we have a few internal servers for this, just toss it on a KVM internal server and we can usually see what's going on.. Have to be careful what people are uploading, especially windows don't want a huge fine :-)

Phil

• I wish there was more direct ISO urls, I am searching it on MSDN, yet even microsoft has no direct URL linking.

• craigbcraigb Member
    edited November 2012

@datafrogs how long you been with them?

• @craigb just for a bit but even still they are good.

• @datafrogs what does "just for a bit" mean? How many days?

• @craigb about 2-3 days, I plan on updating the review at the end of the month.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@DataFrogs said: about 2-3 days

Can't really do a review that soon.
    I'm not against @PhilND in any way, but I think you should have left it longer. Their service is probably good, though.

• tinyraytinyray Member
    edited November 2012

I have a box of their Phoenix plan for nearly a month, it stays the way it was when registered, and very fast.
    I would recommend this provider,

• nikcnikc Member
    edited November 2012

Kinda feels like this is a review to publicly ask for the custom ISO to be rushed along .... with some other comments to make it look like its not.

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited November 2012

It could be, but this is also a review which is good for ND. Don't jump to conclusions.

• Not jumping to anything, just giving my opinion.

• @DataFrogs said: Support: Support is sometimes slow - 6.5/10

How many times have you contacted support in 2-3 days?

• 2 times.

• craigbcraigb Member
    edited November 2012

This review is worthless to me. A made-up points system with decimal points to appear scientific. No meaningful data points apart from attention seeking around a support ticket where the provider is asked to mount a one-time random ISO over the weekend. Clearly designed to get attention.

Happy to be proved wrong in a month @DataFrogs when you post your follow-up review...

• Plus... we're always slow-ish at the weekends, we like to have some time to relax you know :-(

Phil