Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google Nexus 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Google Nexus 4

serverbearserverbear Member
edited November 2012 in General

Anyone manage to get one yesterday?

2GB RAM
Qualcomm Snapdragon™ S4 Processor
NFC
1280x768 Screen
8MP Camera + 1080P Video

No LTE, but that's not really a big deal for me as I've got a 4G USB dongle.

8GB: $299
16GB: $349

I'm planning to grab a 16GB one when they come back in stock in Australia. Sold out in less than an hour, even though I'd subscribed my email for stock notificated Google doesn't even send any notifications :P

Comments

• 16GB wut? storage or ram?

• I even wrote a script to automate the buying process. Wanted that phone so badly. At the end I got 5 orders through but I already canceled 3 ;)

• @kornnflake said: I even wrote a script to automate the buying process. Wanted that phone so badly. At the end I got 5 orders through but I already canceled 3 ;)

Care to share?

• @djvdorp said: Care to share?

Hmm don'r really know if I want to share this yet :( I wrote another one which sends me a push notification when the phone is available. You can have that one ;)

• NateN34NateN34 Member
    edited November 2012

Meh.. Was all for it, until I found out the bad quality of it.

No wonder it is so cheap:

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/nexus-4-battery-shot-reveals-potential-quality-issues/

• @NateN34

Was impressed with price, then saw it was LG, and I have had and heard of several ones which were complete shit quality.
    Google should not make a brand, it should even produce it's own hardware, didn't they buy Motorola?

• nope.. never. because of this (still) :

Sorry! Devices on Google Play is not available in your country yet.
    We're working to bring devices to more countries as quickly as possible.
    Please check back again soon.

• @BronzeByte said: didn't they buy Motorola?

I suspect they're afraid of losing the myriad phone manufacturers' support if they go the route of producing their own hardware full-stop. Probably part of the reason they've invited ASUS, LG and Samsung all along the way to produce the different products.

• djvdorpdjvdorp Member
    edited November 2012

@kornnflake said: Hmm don'r really know if I want to share this yet :( I wrote another one which sends me a push notification when the phone is available. You can have that one ;)

Cool, please PM it me. My country wont sell them ... will get it anyways :)

• @BronzeByte said: Google should not make a brand, it should even produce it's own hardware, didn't they buy Motorola?

Patents, patents, patents.

And some more patents.

and a few more.

That's pretty much the only reason Google bought Motorola Mobility.

• I'm more interested in the 32GB Nexus 7. ;)

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

i will sell my sgs2 for that phone

• @netomx how much?

• Lack of LTE is a deal breaker for me. My current ISP internet connection is worse in terms of ping, raw bandwidth, reliability, and throughput than tethering my LTE phone. I end up tethering a lot.

• Google had stated that by them buying Motorola Mobility, they wouldn't be giving any special benefits and for the most part they are still separate companies.

@Taz aprox 300 dlls here in Mexico ;) :p

• 300 usd or mx pesos?

• @serverbear said: No LTE, but that's not really a big deal for me as I've got a 4G USB dongle.

8GB: $299

16GB: $349

Are you sure they are selling at that price in Australia? I hear that 8GB version is about $360 USD :(

• No thanks! Nothing can replace my iPhone 5 ;)

• @FTN_Kevin said: No thanks! Nothing can replace my iPhone 5 ;)

Except the rumored 5s coming shortly =)

• @giang said: Are you sure they are selling at that price in Australia? I hear that 8GB version is about $360 USD :(

Those are US prices, $349 & $399 in Australia AFAIK.

• @HC_Ro said: Except the rumored 5s coming shortly =)

+1 for a funny reply on this fanboyism (too bad it is true)

@Taz usd

• This phone has more RAM than my laptop :(

• natcowebnatcoweb Member
    edited November 2012

Thinking of Nexus 7 myself, that's the cheapest price for it I've found.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/google-nexus-7-16gb-tablet/prod7380213.ip?iid=HomePage|TOPSELLER|Google%20Nexus%207%2016GB%20Tablet

• It cheap, but some pointed out that it is not as good as Samsung's Nexus(mostly on the workmanship).

Anyway, it is a high performance cost ratio product.

• I want it, NOW.

• I find new phones to have way less battery power than previous phones.

• BTW, it had been a very popular device.

It had been sold out in all the place in about an hour. Very amazing number

• @Ishaq buy a long lasting battery.. I have one pretty cheap from eBay.

I always carry a spare if i am going out for a full day.(sometimes it chooses to spasm and last around 4 hours).