Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS - central EU ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS - central EU ?

PatsPats Member
edited November 2012 in General

Got a requirement from a client, VPS in central EU (client = Slovak). He mentioned he'd be happy if he gets in his home country though afaik haven't seen any offers from there.
Now going by neighborhood, Austria , Poland sounds familiar and one name comes @William
Any others? or any other places to consider in Central EU?

specs mentioned:
60 GB HDD, 2 GB RAM, 2 cores, cPanel

Thanks

Comments

• http://www.selfvirtual.sk/
    Not cheap but quality is ok.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2012

@Pats said: He mentioned he'd be happy if he gets in his home country though afaik haven't seen any offers from there.

There isn't any known Slovakian LEB provider however you can get good low cost Xen VPS in Czech Republic (which is almost the same) from always great Castlegem.

http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/castlegem-4-25-256mb-xen-vps-in-uk-cz-or-austria/

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5650 @ 2.67GHz
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency : 2659.998 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 244 MB
    Total amount of swap : 511 MB
    System uptime : 194 days, 5:33,
    Download speed : (14.2MB/s)
    I/O speed : 164MB/s

Nice, isn't it? :)

For Austria I would suggest again Castlegem (Vienna, Xen) and Edis (Graz, KVM). Both are great. Poland? Dediserv lastest OpenVZ offers (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1208614) with free Directadmin.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Pats said: 60 GB HDD, 2 GB RAM, 2 cores, cPanel

could you tell us your budget for it?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2012

@WebProject said: could you tell us your budget for it?

For some reason here we always talk and suggest hosts we know and use, mostly LEB (surprise, surprise..) hosts instead asking known but useless "hey, look at my signature" type of WHT questions...

• thank you, @Spirit :)
    oz.

• @Spirit said: always great Castlegem

Thanks @Spirit , i thought the Castle was in UK only :P

• @WebProject said: @Pats said: 60 GB HDD, 2 GB RAM, 2 cores, cPanel

could you tell us your budget for it?

the best price i get is the budget.. so pls shoot them in (you can PM too) :)
    then i'll have to check other factors - stability, network speed.. ..

• There are a couple of hosts in Slovakia, but the pricing is quite uncompetitive compared to for example neighbouring Czech Republic.

Aside from slow support response during weekends, FinalHosting.cz is an excellent host in Czech Republic. Have been with them for a couple of months now. Not sure if they do cPanel. You'd have to ask them or get it from someone else.

• We can offer a vps in north of germany (Jena) with good uplinks to east europe.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Spirit said: For some reason here we always talk and suggest hosts we know and use, mostly LEB (surprise, surprise..) hosts instead asking known but useless "hey, look at my signature" type of WHT questions...

I just asked for budget as what's the point to recommend the provider if price don't the budget??

@Pats check the intovps.com, as they do NL, RO locations.

• Sorry guys... just now got message from client, he already got his box..
    things happen sometimes... or manytimes..