Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any experience with tinyvz.com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any experience with tinyvz.com

fresher_06fresher_06 Member
edited November 2012 in General

Hey Guys ..

Any experience with http://tinyvz.com/ ..downtimes .. slowless .. anything ..

Planning to take one 128MB Yearly plan .. can they provide any extra . space ..

Comments

• whats the number of CPU cores they provide in 128MB Yearly plan .. also .. do the have any 256MB . monthly plan .. cant find on the website .

• ElliotJElliotJ Member
    edited November 2012

TinyVZ → RamHost.
    You might be better off looking for reviews under that name :)

OH, I know @joepie91 is happy with his.

• Ramhost . seems to be relatively expensive being a LET VPS provider .

• nocomnocom Member
    edited November 2012

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/2061/review-for-ramhost-tinyvz-vps#Item_9

2 vps with RamHost nothing changed from first day - excellent service
    TinyVz is only 128 openvz plan, other plans are here

• @fresher_06 said: whats the number of CPU cores they provide in 128MB Yearly plan

Signed up when I saw their post -- got four of these:

processor       : 3
    vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
    cpu family      : 6
    model           : 42
    model name      :           Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31220 @ 3.10GHz

The reviews have been good and the network speed is decent. Waiting for them to change my hostname though.

• LESLES Member
    edited November 2012

They are still one of the best $15/yearly plans you can get!

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@ElliotJ said: OH, I know @joepie91 is happy with his.

This. RAM Host is awesome :)

Also, I don't have a TinyVZ, but I have a legacy Kansas plan (or well, two actually) that are on the same servers/network as TinyVZ, and they're great.

• I am bit confused b/w .. Buyvm $15 Yearly plan and TinyVZ $15 Yearly plan .. the only advantage which I am seeing in BuyVM is that they have 15GB space .. while in TinyVZ they only provide 10GB space . which can be filled very soon .. if i host a moderate transactional website .. however I can cope up with 128MB RAM and can try to handle many website users .. simultaneously .. (if everything gets configured correctly :) ) .. any help to reduce my confusion .

• Never had a problem with TinyVZ in terms of uptime/network. I think it was something like 99.95% uptime. It would randomly have loads around .8 for hours doing absolutely nothing though. I wasn't using it much so I can't say much on the actual performance.

• I'm speaking as an ex-TinyVZ customer.

It was an okay experience - I mean, it could have been worse. You don't have a flexible range of OSes (they were really old but this was one year ago so things may have changed. They have this setting that won't allow you to modify your hostname (i.e. it won't stick) which sounds like they did something to defaults ... I felt like I was being monitored.

It didn't take me long to decide I no longer want it ... and guess what, no refunds per TOS. So I had to sit it out for a year.

Never received any emails from them about downtimes, etc. but on occasions when I log into the server, it was recently rebooted.

So .... in conclusion, if you have to pick between BuyVM and TinyVZ, I'd say go for BuyVM. I'm still a customer at BuyVM (after a year!) and I have no complains so far. I don't use their $15/y plan though - just one of the regular OpenVz ones.

• @tortau said: They have this setting that won't allow you to modify your hostname (i.e. it won't stick) which sounds like they did something to defaults ... I felt like I was being monitored.

You have to modify the hostname from the control panel. All openvz systems have a configuration file that you do not have access to that sets the hostname. >.>

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited November 2012

Control panel is different, I don't know what its called. It's a bit harder than solus.

I like the templates, very minimal indeed.

I signed up because of the brand, not for resources or anything. I think so many of the new host have better resources (more XXX or better XXX). But I just want to try them =)

Brand is also important for me. They have been around for I think 3 years. And ramhost prices are higher than most of here, so I think they have good income and less likely to deadpool.

• Been using them a year and I think they are good. Subscribe to their mailing list/blog/news and be kept updated on news. Decent support for $15/yr too.

• @joepie91 said: Also, I don't have a TinyVZ, but I have a legacy Kansas plan (or well, two actually) that are on the same servers/network as TinyVZ, and they're great.

Same situation here. RAMHost's portal is self-written, works good, does what it needs to do. Network is good, a bit of latency to the netherlands, but that is expected. Uptime is good, maintenance is announced way before, unplanned outages are documented, servers are not oversold and the graphs to prove it are available, RAM Host is the only provider I know of to do that. Templates are good, minimal, normal and applications like Kloxo, trixbox.

I've reported a bug in the control panel to @RAMHost, got a free RAM upgrade.

Support is also good, Don't need it much, but when I do I get a quick and polite response which most of the time either solves the problem or it was my own fault.

• MikeInMikeIn Member
    edited November 2012
  • ramnetramnet Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2012

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

OS images we offer are all current with things like CentOS 6, Debian 6, and Ubuntu 12.04 available.

Other less commonly used images may be older but if anyone asks we can usually load up new images without a problem.

And yes, as far as the hostname, under OpenVZ that is something that has to be setup on the host server side along with the network settings and such.

• I'm with ramhost for 1.5year (since they started their europe invasion) with a german ovz, except some hiccups during previous autumn due to ddos attacks everything is running nice and smooth

• @ramnet said: Ubuntu 12.04

@ramnet is your ubuntu 12.04 stable? thanks

@jcaleb said: @ramnet is your ubuntu 12.04 stable?

Well, I haven't heard any complaints about it's stability since we added it as an option.

• @ramnet said: Well, I haven't heard any complaints about it's stability since we added it as an option.

rhel5 based nodes or rhel6 ?

• @ramnet said: Well, I haven't heard any complaints about it's stability since we added it as an option.

thank you @ramnet hope you stay in service for a long long time

edited November 2012

@rds100 said: rhel5 based nodes or rhel6 ?

Neither.

Our OpenVZ nodes mostly run a custom 2.6.27 kernel that we've continued to maintain.

We are going to be migrating to the more mainstream rhel6 kernel soon to make maintenance on our end a bit easier (and to pick up newer openvz features like vswap).

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited November 2012

@ramnet said: Our OpenVZ nodes mostly run a custom 2.6.27 kernel that we've continued to maintain.

I see, you are putting quite a lot of effort in this then :) How does the stock Ubuntu 12.04 libc work with the 2.6.27 based kernel, do you need to do tricks?

@rds100 said: How does the stock Ubuntu 12.04 libc work with the 2.6.27 based kernel

Seeing as Ubuntu 12.04 needs at least 2.6.24 the libc it ships with works fine on our 2.6.27.

Only tricks are with upstart and such to force init 3 to kickoff properly due to normal OpenVZ weirdness (pretty much every Ubuntu version needs a bit of hacking in that regard under OpenVZ).

• manddarmanddar Member
    edited November 2012

@fresher_06 said: I am bit confused b/w .. Buyvm $15 Yearly plan and TinyVZ $15 Yearly plan .. the only advantage which I am seeing in BuyVM is that they have 15GB space .. while in TinyVZ they only provide 10GB space . which can be filled very soon ..

Why not go for https://clientarea.ramnode.com/cart.php?gid=3 RAMNODE plan, with $0.60 extra you get more Disk and 1GP link.

PROMO CODE : LEB35

• @manddar ramnode != ramnet

• manddarmanddar Member
    edited November 2012

@jcaleb said: @manddar ramnode != ramnet

@jcaleb , I was suggesting ramnode as alternative, as there is mention that he want extra space.

• okay

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@manddar said: @jcaleb , I was suggesting ramnode as alternative, as there is mention that he want extra space.

Thanks for the mention!

• I tried the LEB35, and it's work.
    Hehe.. My last purchase is LEB30.