Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[LEB] Rather have OpenStack (Xen PV/HVM) or SolusVM (Xen PV/KVM) for your monthly VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[LEB] Rather have OpenStack (Xen PV/HVM) or SolusVM (Xen PV/KVM) for your monthly VPS?

erhwegesrgsrerhwegesrgsr Member
edited November 2012 in General

Hello,

I am planning on launching a big LEB hos in about a year but was wondering: what do you like the most?
Price would be the same of whatever will be decided.

Comments

• OpenStack is new exciting fresh technology with nice interface etc.
    It's free, self-healing and has resources in the cloud.
    Might use it so people can create and delete their own VM's but have a resource cap.

Or should I just stick to the simple SolusVM and don't use things like NAS.
    @soluslabs you might want to give me a few reasons why to pay $450/mo for SolusVM instead of OpenStack :)

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

I don't really care, as long as it works well. What I care about more is; will be unique about your host that will make you the "big LEB" host you want?

• @Infinity

Well, if I utilized OpenStack as a self-managed (user scope) and self healing (server scope) for really cheap and decent support and if we own our own equipment, than what stops you! :)

I am going to sell it for $5-10/GB RAM and colo rack at burst.net
    I am currently looking if I could make some decent profit from hourly billing.

• @BronzeByte said: $450/mo for SolusVM

Where are those numbers coming from?

• @GetKVM_Ash

45 servers in a rack, licensed as slaves

• I've never used OpenStack. I guess if it's nicer than SolusVM then I'd prefer it.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited November 2012

SolusVM do discounts for that many slaves.

@BronzeByte said: 45 servers in a rack, licensed as slaves

• @Jacob

SolusVM for entire rack can't be too expensive :P
    A few hundred $ more or less for ~720GB RAM doesn't really matter.