Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap Dedicated Server with Unmetered Incoming Traffic
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap Dedicated Server with Unmetered Incoming Traffic

xur17xur17 Member
edited November 2012 in General

This is a bit of an odd request, but you guys are the perfect group to help. I am looking for a dedicated server with the following requirements:

• Unmetered incoming bandwidth - I will use well under 1tb outgoing a month.
  • Fast cpu (dual core or better)
  • 4gb of ram or more
  • Low cost (very important)
  • Reliability isn't a huge concern - I'd be very willing to trade this for a lower price. If the server is really cheap, I have no problems with it being down a few days a month.
  • Location doesn't matter

https://robot.your-server.de/order/market seems to have some pretty decent options that meet most of these items, but I'm looking for recommendations.

EDIT (copied from comments section): If anyone has extra server capacity they want to rent out for cheap temporarily, PM me. If you offer me good prices, I'd be willing to vacate the server on <1 day notice. I can provide more details via PM if anyone wants - I'm not doing anything illegal.

Comments

• FDC
    (hides for cover under his desk)

I have them for their $19/mo VPS and no problems thus far, so I am going to renew come payment time. I would expect the same from their dedicated servers. I'm located at CBOT in Chicago, which is not 350 Cermak like every other Chicago provider.

• I would check with 50tbcloud they got vps with high bandwith and lower specs.

• OVH / Kimsufi?

• xur17xur17 Member
    edited November 2012

@bamn Thanks for the recommendation, but FDC seems to be more expensive than your-server.de as far as I can tell.

@24khost I'm not looking for a vps as I am going to be pushing IO and such pretty hard, and the cost for 50tbcloud seems to be pretty high.

@abat OVH - They seem to have pretty good prices, but still a little more than the your-server.de link I have above.

I updated the original post a little bit - I'm trying to get the cheapest server possible that is has unmetered incoming traffic, a fast cpu, and plenty of ram. I don't care if the datacenter has bad uptime, as long as the server has uptime of >90%. Basically I want a fast server, but don't care about uptime, or reliability like a lot of people do.

Edit: and I don't need more than 10 or 20gb of disk space. I'd prefer a fast drive over lots of space.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@xur17 Datashack provides 20TB transfer on their dedicated servers, is that really not going to be enough?

• The Kimsufi 2G?

• I suspect beating the low end Kimsufi is going to be difficult on price. Despite what their site says about the CPU most people appear to have got much better than the minimum.

• @vdnet can help you out @xur17 private message him and I bet you can get a deal that will work for you.

• @rm_ I might be pushing towards 20tb a month depending on how much I can pull out of the server.

@HalfEatenPie / abat - The Kimsufi is single core, and has relatively low ram. For 2.6x as much I can get a "AMD Athlon 64 5600+ X2" 2X ram, etc. Wouldn't that perform more than 2.6x faster?

• @24khost - What provider is he with?

• he is the owner of 50tbcloud

• Heck, if anyone has extra server capacity they want to rent out for cheap temporarily, PM me. If you offer me good prices, I'd be willing to vacate the server on <1 day notice. I can provide more details via PM if anyone wants - I'm not doing anything illegal.

Or if anyone wants a server stress tested.

• @xur17 said: I'm not looking for a vps as I am going to be pushing IO and such pretty hard, and the cost for 50tbcloud seems to be pretty high.

If you're going to be pushing the IO hard, our virtual servers would be better than standard dedicated servers. We use SSD caching so you will be able to use more IOPS with us than a dedicated with a single hard drive.

• @vdnet <- right there ya go @xur17!