Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SolusVM install issue
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SolusVM install issue

PatsPats Member
edited November 2012 in General

Hi,
i have installed SolusVM on Centos 5 many times without issues.

But now for my client on Centos 6, its giving errors..

http://mirror.us1.soluslabs.net/centos/6.0/os/i386/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 404"
Trying other mirror.
http://mirror.eu1.soluslabs.net/centos/6.0/os/i386/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 404"
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: soluslabs. Please verify its path and try again
rm: cannot remove `soluscert.cnf': No such file or directory

I found that this file is unavailable: http://mirror.us1.soluslabs.net/centos/6.0/os/i386/repodata/repomd.xml instead http://mirror.us1.soluslabs.net/centos/6/os/i386/repodata/repomd.xml is available..

Anyone faced this issue? and resolution?
Thanks,

Comments

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2012

The new installer lets you pick the mirror right? It has like 4 or 5 locations I think. Try a different one.

• PatsPats Member
    edited November 2012

@KuJoe i already tried all locations... all same error..

• /etc/resolv.conf could be so easy but take a look.

• Tried contacting SolusVM first? They usually reply within few minutes

• GIANT_CRABGIANT_CRAB Member
    edited November 2012

Installation on CentOS6?

Good luck bro because its never gonna happen.

• @GIANT_CRAB Why good luck? I haven't had any issues running Master SolusVM on Centos 6.

I would double check to make sure you have the correct resolvers in resolv.conf.

• GIANT_CRABGIANT_CRAB Member
    edited November 2012

@iwebsource said: @GIANT_CRAB Why good luck? I haven't had any issues running Master SolusVM on Centos 6.

I would double check to make sure you have the correct resolvers in resolv.conf.

@boltersdriveer tried to do that with the proper solusvm instructions and the entire server got /f/ucked up.

Edit: Rather, LSN staffs did it.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited November 2012

Centos 5/6 works fine with SolusVM

• We using only CentOS 6 with solusvm (xen, kvm, master). No problems, guide is correct..

• @Pats Opening a ticket with Solus Labs usualy helps. They are also present here as @soluslabs, but I would recommend opening a ticket.

• All of our Masters/Nodes run CentOS 6 flawlessly.

• Same here. Been running CentOS 6.3 and the install ran with out any issues.

• @GIANT_CRAB said: @boltersdriveer tried to do that with the proper solusvm instructions and the entire server got /f/ucked up.

I've installed it on CentOS 6 and its been perfectly fine.

• @GIANT_CRAB said: @boltersdriveer tried to do that with the proper solusvm instructions and the entire server got /f/ucked up.

Running master on centos6 here as well.

• Is this Scilinux? Also run a yum update before running the installer.

• PatsPats Member
    edited November 2012

@soluslabs said: Is this Scilinux?

right you are..
    but does it makes any difference? the installer is trying to download a file from centos/6.0/ folder and its not there. Its present at centos/6/

i'll try yum update and fire the installer again..

• @Pats said: but does it makes any difference? the installer is trying to download a file from centos/6.0/ folder and its not there. Its present at centos/6/

I guess wherever the installer got the CentOS version out of returned 6.0 instead of 6 as a result of using Scientific.

• PatsPats Member
    edited November 2012

@gubbyte said: I guess wherever the installer got the CentOS version out of returned 6.0 instead of 6 as a result of using Scientific.

yeah i also guessed so.. it thought should have atleast 1 decimal place otherwise why Scientific.. :P
    so i think its for Solusvm @soluslabs for some fixing the install script.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@GIANT_CRAB said: Installation on CentOS6?

Good luck bro because its never gonna happen.

2 of our nodes and the master run centos 6 - works fine, i guess its to do with scientific then :P

• @Pats said: but does it makes any difference? the installer is trying to download a file from centos/6.0/ folder and its not there. Its present at centos/6/

If you updated the system first with yum you should end up with 6.4, however 6.0 now exists (6.0 -> 6) so it should install fine now.

• LSN always adding old crappy yum repos ...

• @soluslabs said: If you updated the system first with yum you should end up with 6.4, however 6.0 now exists (6.0 -> 6) so it should install fine now.

Thanks! so for Scientific people, yum update first, then things will be smooth :)