Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reliable 4gb Xen for $7/mo is it possible?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Reliable 4gb Xen for $7/mo is it possible?

redjerseyredjersey Member
edited January 2016 in Requests

I have a vps with databasebydesign, which has 4gb RAM, 100gb hdd, 1 IP and 1000gb bandwidth, all for $7/mo

TBH I'm happy with my vps, it's just it's lack of cp (ie. no solusvm or any other cp) which means I'll have to send them email every time if I need to reboot my vps, which is a bit inconvenience.

I'm looking for a RELIABLE VPS with similar specs, willing to pay up to $7/mo (ok to pay yearly).

Any recommendation? or it's impossible to get one for $7/mo?

Comments

• Keep it and deal with the inconvenience I would say. I haven't seen anything like that around.

• PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep

Nope.

• If you pay a year I can help

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2016

do you reboot your VPS often? Normally the linux is stable and required to reboot if the kernel is upgraded, otherwise I don't remember that you need to reboot linux on daily basis. Do you know how to reboot the linux server via SSH?

Any preferable server location?

• bersybersy Member
    edited January 2016

VPEasy (another Versaweb's satellite) have similar yearly KVM offers (8GB RAM, 100GB SSD for $88/y), port speed is 100 mbit to my knowledge. I have no ideas how reliable they are since I have never used them personally.

If 3GB RAM is OK, @AshleyUk used to offer a 3GB RAM, 200GB disk KVM VPS for $86/year. They are reliable.

Thanked by 1mehargags
  • mehargagsmehargags Member
    edited January 2016

Any good reviews for VP Easy ?

I have server with them (pretty satisfied) at UltraVPS, looks like exactly the same DC/People as the website is unfinished as UltraVPS. But as long as service is good, I'm good with the provider.

• VPEasy sounds interesting. I know that Versaweb (Rob T) is in the hosting industry for a long while. Guess I'll try out VP easy. thanks

• I don't reboot my vps very often (maybe once or twice each year). I only request a boot / reboot / restart when it's down.

They do have email support / phone support, but it makes me nervous as each time I don't know how long it takes to response to my email. Sometimes it's 10 mins but sometimes it takes more than 30mins. I prefer cp as it's much easy / faster way of doing so.

@WebProject said:
    do you reboot your VPS often? Normally the linux is stable and required to reboot if the kernel is upgraded, otherwise I don't remember that you need to reboot linux on daily basis. Do you know how to reboot the linux server via SSH?

Any preferable server location?