Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

help with ovh server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

help with ovh server

hey i need help with ovh dedi server..
never seen anything like this before i cant configure nameservers... someone could help me via skype or anything ?

Comments

• Nameservers so others can access your domain or so you can resolve the domains of others (ping google.com)?

For the former it's easier to use something like VestaCP, but if you want to run a plain DNS server PowerDNS supports MySQL or reading records from a simple config file.

• im using right now with time4vps and to transfer to ovh.. with time4vps was pretty easy just wrote down my ns1.domain.com and its accepted it here nothing!! and the domain reffer to their ip and nameserver..

• You mean you were using their time4vps's DNS servers to manage DNS for your domain?

• no.. i got server with time4vps.. with my own dns.. to my own domain like ns1.mydomain.com im trying to doing it with ovh and nothing...

• Did you try buyvm yet?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2015

@lolfust1 said:
    no.. i got server with time4vps.. with my own dns.. to my own domain like ns1.mydomain.com im trying to doing it with ovh and nothing...

You need to create the nameservers at the registrar and then the zone files at the IPs you give to them need to have and respond with matching NS entries.

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • @GM2015 said:
    Did you try buyvm yet?

get a life.. the problem with them is over. i have manage it with fransico.
    so good like finding a new life (:

• ManofServerManofServer Member
    edited December 2015

@jarland said:
    You need to create the nameservers at the registrar and then the zone files at the IPs you give to them need to have and respond with matching NS entries.

Jar is correct, I did the same thing years ago when I started. Check if your domain registrar supports this, most of the well established ones do, even GoDaddy.

Edit: Or use CloudFlare and set your DNS to theirs, and then just set your server IP in their control panel. I sometimes do this for subdomains with A records.

• yeah it was seems my domain registar not support what they asked.
    so got one from another registar and all works fine! thanks for the answers!!!