Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Install Cpanel Error
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Install Cpanel Error

I bought a new server
but I have problems when installing

2015-12-26 10:58:42 527 (ERROR): The installation process found evidence that MySQL or MariaDB was installed on this server.
2015-12-26 10:58:42 528 (FATAL): You must install cPanel & WHM on a clean server.

I asked for the installation of the SSD to / var / lib / mysql
it's just that when I install Cpanel error

I've tried to uninstall MySQL but can not

Comments

• Are you able to use your own iso to reinstall the server? If so, Use a minimal iso and tey from there.

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited December 2015

I have no idea what ATHK is talking about ;)

• You have to install cpanel in a fresh server. Nothing should be installed before.

• @hostnoob said:
    apt-get remove --purge mysql*

Isn't cpanel/WHM CentOS only?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2015

ATHK said: Isn't cpanel/WHM CentOS only?

Indeed CentOS / CloudLinux and 'Amazon Linux' are the only supported distributions: https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/ALD/Installation+Guide+-+System+Requirements

@pangeran1995 reinstall the server to the bare minimal and attempt the installation again.

• @ATHK said:
    Isn't cpanel/WHM CentOS only?

oops, you're right. my bad

• server centos only

• Our server is still fresh even reinstall dna using CloudLinux but still an error like that

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Check if MySQL or mariadb are actually installed.

If they are, you can remove them.

Thanked by 1pangeran1995
  • @qps said:
    Check if MySQL or mariadb are actually installed.

If they are, you can remove them.

when you type the command: service mysql stop
    it does not exist
    MariaDB is the same not reinstall
    I am confused is this is a new server just my order but when there is a server install such error

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited December 2015

You, my friend, should probably get server management.

It doesn't seem like you're very knowledgeable on this topic, but anyways, run this:

yum remove mariadb mariadb-server

Thanked by 2ATHK risharde
  • GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited December 2015

Does yum purge remove config files too like apt-get purge does?

It may be better in this case.

FlamesRunner said: It doesn't seem like you're very knowledgeable on this topic, but anyways, run this:

• @FlamesRunner said:
    You, my friend, should probably get server management.

It doesn't seem like you're very knowledgeable on this topic, but anyways, run this:

yum remove mariadb mariadb-server

hi
    to command you give do not give change,
    I used to install the server itself using originated from CentOS.
    but today get a fairly complicated problem even after reinstall the OS using CloudLinux also result remains the same

• pangeran1995 said: result remains the same

You should hire someone qualified to do the install for you, or get a provider qualified to give you the support you need. Buying service you are not capable of managing was probably not the best move on your part.

• @miTgiB said:

good. thanks i will think about it

• cpanel/whm installation requires a lot of steps and there are hundreds and hundreds of scripted lines. there are so many things that can go wrong. you really want to be confident with your ability to manage this if you go that way.

• Use a pre-installed cPanel OS?

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep

@Fritz said:
    Use a pre-installed cPanel OS?

There isn't a 'pre-installed' one. I think you mean a template or ISO with a minimal CentOS 6/7 that contains a cPanel kick-start file.

• deployvm said: There isn't a 'pre-installed' one. I think you mean a template or ISO with a minimal CentOS 6/7 that contains a cPanel kick-start file.

Yes that one. :)

We just install the license.

• problem solved. thanks