Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to create VPS with Hetzner dedicated server? windows or linux...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

i buy dedi from Hetzner - 32GB ram + 30 IP... how can i create now 30 VPS 1 GB ram?

Comments

• use virtualization technology e.g KVM / OpenVZ (for linux only), Xen, VMware etc ?

• Install Proxmox, it works ok with Hetzner servers. :)

• i found this video:
    i never use Dedi before and i dont know how its works...
    on "Hetzner" i need to pay more for windows?
    how much time its will take me to create 30 VPS? i can clone 1 vps to 30 vps?
    someone can help me do it? i will pay small price (PP)... i dont have much... 10$-15$...

• asrafeden said: someone can help me do it? i will pay small price (PP)... i dont have much... 10$-15$...

Not gonna happen. ~€100-150 would be a better price

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited December 2015

My apologies in advance, but who rents a dedicated server to create 30 VPS without any kind of knowledge about the matter and then complains he has not much money to pay someone to make it right? Is that the new kind of YOLO?

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

Hetzner offers Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter Edition for : € 158.91 / month if you need Windows

• @Hassan said:
    Hetzner offers Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter Edition for : € 158.91 / month if you need Windows

i see but there is other option of 25$...
    http://prntscr.com/9dcz57

@Amitz said:
    My apologies in advance, but who rents a dedicated server to create 30 VPS without any kind of knowledge about the matter and then complains he has not much money to pay someone to make it right? Is that the new kind of YOLO?

i can cancel the order...

"As you have had your server for less than 14 days, you can cancel it with immediate effect as per our Terms and Conditions."

• @asrafeden said:
    "As you have had your server for less than 14 days, you can cancel it with immediate effect as per our Terms and Conditions."

Seems you lack the knowledge to be able to run a dedicated server, and would be better off buying the VM's directly from a provider and leaving the management to them.

• What AshleyUK already said and without any malice: Do yourself a favour and rent those VMs. Read and learn about server management & virtualization and THEN rent that dedicated server. It will save you lots of dissapointments.

• @AshleyUk said:
    Seems you lack the knowledge to be able to run a dedicated server, and would be better off buying the VM's directly from a provider and leaving the management to them.

@Amitz said:
    What AshleyUK already said and without any malice: Do yourself a favour and rent those VMs. Read and learn about server management & virtualization and THEN rent that dedicated server. It will save you lots of dissapointments.

Thanks but i will find some way. When you try you learn better...

• @asrafeden said:
    Thanks but i will find some way. When you try you learn better...

I understand your wish to learn, however it sounds like it's not just the VM aspect you need to learn but also at OS level. If you rent some VM's from a provider, you can learn and get a better understanding of the Linux OS.

This will then allow you to also start to look into what you wish to do with your dedicated server.

Setting up a hypervisor is one thing, ongoing management and issues with VM's is something else you would also need to understand.

All depends on how critical these VM's are, however if you wish to continue with your dedicated machine, Hetzner installimage script includes pre-build Proxmox images.

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited December 2015

30 ip + 30 vms sounds like traffic exchange to me.

I wouldn't take this guy seriously.

AshleyUk said: All depends on how critical these VM's are, however if you wish to continue with your dedicated machine, Hetzner installimage script includes pre-build Proxmox images.

Thanked by 1AshleyUk
  • @GM2015 said:
    30 ip + 30 vms sounds like traffic exchange to me.

I wouldn't take this guy seriously.

what is "seriously" for you? someone that want to do what with VPS? SEO? what?

• Come at me bro.

asrafeden said: what is "seriously" for you? someone that want to do what with VPS? SEO? what?

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited December 2015

Would you share with us what your purpose for those 30 VMs is?

• @Amitz said:
    Would you share with us what your purpose for those 30 VMs is?

to sell VPS and make more $$$ and buy more dedi and again sell VPS... make 1K total... start do CPA

• Without any knowledge? Sounds plain stupid to me. I'm out here.

• it's funny how much you underestimate people here ..
    so i found really easy way to make VPS, yes without any knowledge, only little help of friend.
    "Sounds plain stupid", i already said the i have few people that just within for me to sell them VPS? i have 500$ now, create 150 VPS +- sell them get X2 = 1000$ and do it again...

• partner with igniteservers

asrafeden said: it's funny how much you underestimate people here .. so i found really easy way to make VPS, yes without any knowledge, only little help of friend. "Sounds plain stupid", i already said the i have few people that just within for me to sell them VPS? i have 500$ now, create 150 VPS +- sell them get X2 = 1000$ and do it again...

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • asrafeden said: How to create VPS with Hetzner dedicated server? windows or linux... i buy dedi from Hetzner - 32GB ram + 30 IP... how can i create now 30 VPS 1 GB ram?

>
    i can offer you same server from hetzner with full support and make vps with same price

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited December 2015

@pakistanwebserver said:
    i can offer you same server from hetzner with full support and make vps with same price

Contact @jarland to get a provider tag and offer permission, otherwise your beautiful butt gets spanked faster than you would enjoy it! ;-)

Thanked by 1simonindia
  • asrafeden said: it's funny how much you underestimate people here .. so i found really easy way to make VPS, yes without any knowledge, only little help of friend. "Sounds plain stupid", i already said the i have few people that just within for me to sell them VPS? i have 500$ now, create 150 VPS +- sell them get X2 = 1000$ and do it again...

It's sounds very easy. However, suppose your intention is to become a provider, little help of friends is not enough. Let me point you some hints:

1. You will be responsible for your customer data, then you need to know how to harden your server from outsider's attack,

2. You need to know how to secure your server from user's abuse (e-mail spamming, reference spamming, hacking, DDoS, bitcoin mining, use of insecure software, etc)

3. You need to know how to support customers, handle incidents and resolve problems. Mind you, your customers doesn't only come from general public, but some of them are your competitors who wants to test your service, and this might be a problem if they criticize technical issue from your side, or simply to prove that the service you provide is as good as what you offered.

4. You need to plan your backup system (suppose someone gain access to your box and wipe all customers' data), you should be able to revive from such incident.

5. You need to be competitive (price wise), meaning that you might oversell, so you need some SysAdmin knowledge as how to balance resources so that even you oversell, the service still within the acceptable level. (use ssd caching, and some other secret balooning recipes, etc).

6. You need to plan wisely what package you are going to offer to your customers, and calculate your break even point (how long would your investment starts gaining profit).

Those are only a few things as a starter. You need to know how to setup WHMCS and secure them, then you can start marketing your service :)

Good luck to you.

Thanked by 1DreamCaster
  • Do you offer servers and shared hosting?

vRozenSch00n said: It's sounds very easy. However, suppose your intention is to become a provider, little help of friends is not enough. Let me point you some hints:

You will be responsible for your customer data, then you need to know how to harden your server from outsider's attack,

You need to know how to secure your server from user's abuse (e-mail spamming, reference spamming, hacking, DDoS, bitcoin mining, use of insecure software, etc)

You need to know how to support customers, handle incidents and resolve problems. Mind you, your customers doesn't only come from general public, but some of them are your competitors who wants to test your service, and this might be a problem if they criticize technical issue from your side, or simply to prove that the service you provide is as good as what you offered.

You need to plan your backup system (suppose someone gain access to your box and wipe all customers' data), you should be able to revive from such incident.

You need to be competitive (price wise), meaning that you might oversell, so you need some SysAdmin knowledge as how to balance resources so that even you oversell, the service still within the acceptable level. (use ssd caching, and some other secret balooning recipes, etc).

You need to plan wisely what package you are going to offer to your customers, and calculate your break even point (how long would your investment starts gaining profit).

Those are only a few things as a starter. You need to know how to setup WHMCS and secure them, then you can start marketing your service :)

• OK, guys, he is an official troll. Now, stop feeding the trolls!

• @GM2015 I used to, not anymore, just an affiliation with others