Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please recommend high good internet cheap server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Please recommend high good internet cheap server

lowendguy7lowendguy7 Member
edited November 2015 in Providers

My main requirement is good internet and cheap price.

Ram maybe 2 gig for windows, though I can provide windows myself so dont want to pay extra for that.

Not sure where to begin looking since there is alot of offers around.

Also maybe I will miscalculate and it turns out I may need more in future so Id like it to be scalable or make the right decision to begin with :)

I need to download and upload videos alot as well as some other automated tasks.

I currently do it from home but am seriously bottlenecked on my home connection. The other stuff I could continue doing from home with my better processing but need a hefty internet connection for the videos.

So low price and good internet are the main criteria. Though should be good enough specs to run windows. Recomendations along those lines please.

Thanks.

Comments

• if you do encoding video too, better go with dedibox.
    try online.net, they better connection to uptobox, Gdrive, tusfiles and many other

• EU, US or somewhere else?

• lowendguy7lowendguy7 Member
    edited November 2015

oh dear you made an important point i forgot totally about which will mean i need a heavy cpu also. Forgot all about that, yes i need to encode videos alot too.

Edit: hah oh ye ive actually used online.net before and was very happy with them. but i think i used an expensive plan at the time so didnt know about their cheaper ranges.

@hawkjohn7 said:
    if you do encoding video too, better go with dedibox.
    try online.net, they better connection to uptobox, Gdrive, tusfiles and many other

• @0xdragon said:
    EU, US or somewhere else?

Im in europe but if I will be then sending off my videos to sites which will be in the US its better the server is in the US correct?

• @lowendguy7 said:

Correct. What's your actual budget? Below $60USD?

edited November 2015

@0xdragon said:

60 per month or year? :) defintely not 60 a month.

id say 15 a month to 20 a month tops, tho i see now that if i need a processor it may shoot up the cost.

Im used to encoding with my 8 cores at home so im sure whatever i could afford will be a step back in that dept, but doesnt matter necessarily as long as it does the job. I wont know till i try but the faster I will be able to encode the better so Id say good processor is essential, but maybe i could get medium for now and maybe upgrade later if needed.

edited November 2015

What internet connection can i expect. is 100mbits down and upload standard?

• lowendguy7 said: What internet connection can i expect. is 100mbits down and upload standard?

Gigabit with 5TB of transfer

• Hmm I might be able to rearrange it so I dont have to encode which would make life alot easier to get rid of the need for processing power.

• @MarkTurner said:

Cool.

• Hmm online.net i just recalled is in france. Anyone with similar prices in US? Back to the idea of low end, no need for good cpu now I think about it and avoid encoding videos.

• simonindiasimonindia Member
    edited November 2015

@lowendguy7 said:
    Hmm online.net i just recalled is in france. Anyone with similar prices in US? Back to the idea of low end, no need for good cpu now I think about it and avoid encoding videos.

as i see your profile it was created today i can tell you that for 20$ good internet with US based location with good reputation on LET means @MarkTurner

its that simple you want to go in Europe for that price then There is lot of providers but no one representing them in LET so you want a dedi with good internet and support for $20/Month then go with this

MarkTurner said: Dual E5420, 500GB Disk, 8GB RAM, 5TB Transfer $20/month [Coupon 2Z9KX4KD8G]

Thanked by 2Clouvider MarkTurner
  • Obviously Mark Turner. Delimiter is the place for you.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • zevuszevus Member
    edited November 2015

e5420, if you dont mind waiting forever for video encoding

go for serverbidding on hetzner, i noticed the prices are dropping again on there now.

i7-3770 for 32 euro a month if you wait a week or so to get best price

and if you dont need to encode junk,

get something from kimsufi.ie?

ed: or wait for a $20 to become available on dacentec. re: 'Supermicro 6-bay Opteron 1381 8GB 2X2TB SATA Rent Only'

CPU model : Quad-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 1381 Number of cores : 4 CPU frequency : 2500.000 MHz Total amount of ram : 7984 MB Total amount of swap : 91 MB System uptime : 6 days, 15:39, Download speed from CacheFly: 102MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 11.75MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 77.6MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 15.5MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 13.19MB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 22.6MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 14.9MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 32.9MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 34.6MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 47.7MB/s I/O speed : 145 MB/s

• I went for the $2 dacentec :) Though I am not sure how it's gonna handle encoding if I try :D

• @0xdragon said:

it isn't so relevant for videos, right? game servers, I understand, being sensitive to response times and higher latency may affect the game