Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WordPress webspace
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WordPress webspace

how many web space need for wordpress? 1GB

Comments

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

For a landing page with a few posts its enough.

For a larger site (many images) needs more.

• @mikho said:
    For a larger site (many images) needs more.

If you optimize the images and host them off site (imgur and similar) you can host a bigger blog with a lot of content.

Thanked by 2miklos mikho
  • That depends on really on the images and where the database is hosted.

Some of my images are 2MB-10MB.

I like to publish all my uploaded images in wordpress a month(eg. September, October etc) and let google "test" it with https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/.

Google then spits out an optimized zip file for css, js and images.

But some images can deterioriate, so decide for yourself. But google's compression is pretty imrpessive.

Thanked by 1miklos
  • @GM2015 said:
    But google's compression is pretty imrpessive.

You can get minified CSS/JS for most things nowadays or minify it yourself.

You can optimize images on server with stuff like jpegoptim and optipng.

Thanked by 1miklos
  • I use w3tc wordpress plugin for that. It does a good job mostly. I can't write minifying apache rewrite or nginx this and that code.

About the images, I just let google handle it. They're probably pretty good at optimizing given the amount of traffic and scrapers they get.

Hidden_Refuge said: You can get minified CSS/JS for most things nowadays or minify it yourself.

• @GM2015 said:
    I use w3tc wordpress plugin for that. It does a good job mostly. I can't write minifying apache rewrite or nginx this and that code.

Wait what? Huh. Why would you want to minify that? You can push that all in one line but it still will be around the same code. I don't remember that one would have to minify any web server configurations.

Enlighten me please.

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited November 2015

I can't write compression/minifying/header etc codes, so I use w3tc for that, some of my terms used below might be crap.

I tried to say that w3tc writes rewrite rules/compression/header rules on apache and nginx. And when I had apache/nginx setup with serverpilot, it worked automatically because of apache's rewrite stuff.

But with nginx, I had to include the w3tc generated nginx.conf in the web root containing minifying and compressing rules for the virtual hosts file that nginx uses.

I don't compress/minify server config files.

Hidden_Refuge said: Wait what? Huh. Why would you want to minify that? You can push that all in one line but it still will be around the same code. I don't remember that one would have to minify any web server configurations.

Enlighten me please.

• @GM2015 said:
    I don't compress/minify server config files.

Ah. Alright. Thanks for the info. Ok so that is basically a 3rd party plugin for doing these tasks. Good. Works, too.