Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CPanel Issue
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CPanel Issue

Hello,

i just installed a fresh copy of Cpanel on a new server and can't get Syslogd up:

System Info:

CentOS 7.1
Newest Ver of CPanel

Log Error:

The system could not provide log messages for “syslogd” because it failed to read all of the potential log files with the following errors: Error while attempting to open “/var/log/messages”: “No such file or directory”, Error while attempting to open “/var/log/secure”: “No such file or directory”, Error while attempting to open “/var/log/maillog”: “No such file or directory”

any idea's ?

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Contact the support of the company that provided your license. All of them are obliged to provide support to their users.

• try

mkdir -p /var/log

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

File access denied?

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2015

@CyclonesServers said:
    Hello,

i just installed a fresh copy of Cpanel on a new server and can't get Syslogd up:

System Info:

CentOS 7.1
    Newest Ver of CPanel

Log Error:

The system could not provide log messages for “syslogd” because it failed to read all of the potential log files with the following errors: Error while attempting to open “/var/log/messages”: “No such file or directory”, Error while attempting to open “/var/log/secure”: “No such file or directory”, Error while attempting to open “/var/log/maillog”: “No such file or directory”

any idea's ?

Hello there,

That's because the new CentOS (7.x) isn't using /var/log/messages|secure|maillog anymore.

Your can solve this by running:

touch /var/log/messages /var/log/secure /var/log/maillog; chmod +x /var/log/messages /var/log/secure /var/log/maillog;

Thanked by 1Fellex76
  • agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

use centos 6.x the problem would get solved

• I'd just install rsyslog, problem solved.

That how I addressed the issue on a test box.

Thanked by 1Fellex76
  • Thanks everyone Syslogd is up and running now