Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Runabove or VPSDime or Contabo?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Runabove or VPSDime or Contabo?

I am looking for a SSD VPS.

Uptime and stability matters the most.

Runabove - $5 a month for 4gb / 1Core - KVM (France)
VPSDime - $7 a month for 6gb / 4vCores - OpenVZ (UK)
Contabo - $9 a month for 6gb / 2cores - KVM (Germany)

Also considering ArubaCloud - $1.15 a month for 1gb / 1Core - KVM (Italy)

Which would offer the best performance and stability?

Need to host Vtiger CRM with up to 10 concurrent connections.

Comments

• MadMad Member

I didn't read good reviews about Contabo VPSes but I never tested them though.
    VPSDime is good enough.
    RunAbove..do you probably mean OVH VPSes?
    They are good as well but keep in mind that they are all unmanaged solutions.

• keanukeanu Member
    edited October 2015

You won't find good uptime and stability with that budget.
    If you need this for business and you need good uptime and stability I suggest you lowering your resource usage or increasing your budget.

• @keanu said:
    You won't find good uptime and stability with that budget.
    If you need this for business and you need good uptime and stability I suggest you lowering your resource usage or increasing your budget.

Ok, what do you recommend?

• @andreamada said:
    I didn't read good reviews about Contabo VPSes but I never tested them though.
    VPSDime is good enough.
    RunAbove..do you probably mean OVH VPSes?
    They are good as well but keep in mind that they are all unmanaged solutions.

I was thinking about the Sandboxes. But OVH looks good too.

• sinsin Member
    edited October 2015

realbusiness said: Ok, what do you recommend?

You mentioned Runabove/OVH...Go for the new OVH 2016 line, the VPS SSD 2016 (starts at $3.49) has had 100% uptime for me and the performance is great or you can get the OVH VPS Cloud 2016 (starts at $8.99) which uses Ceph and has an SLA.

Other great providers: Ramnode, VULTR, Dediserve (if you can snatch up one of their deals), etc

• I am pretty sure runabove sandboxes is closing down soon considering the OVH 2016 VPSs are out.

• DylanDylan Member
    edited October 2015

RunAbove services are all temporary tests. The sandbox plans will be gone by the end of the year. If you want something permanent you need to go with the actual OVH offerings.

By the way, I don't agree with the poster above who said you won't find good uptime and stability with that budget. VPSDime is pretty darn stable, and Prometeus is like the most stable provider around: https://www.prometeus.net/site/vps.php

• DanDan Member

I'd skip VPSDime, they had a few stability and quality issues over the 2 months we ran a PBX on their servers. Not a great moment when you wake up to a notification that your call quality has dropped to well below acceptable levels.

I'd recommend Impact VPS or OVH, OVH is great if you need bulk servers cheaply and with decent quality (I use 'em for a mail server, backups, etc), and Impact VPS I really like for their bandwidth/server quality and rapid container creation and modifications, your mission critical services won't be sharing a server with containers that could negatively affect it.

Thanked by 1Awmusic12635
  • keanu said: You won't find good uptime and stability with that budget. If you need this for business and you need good uptime and stability I suggest you lowering your resource usage or increasing your budget.

Unsurprisingly this statement comes from someone who offers VPS's at $10/GB

https://www.ovh.com/us/vps/vps-ssd.xml

From what I remember contabo is worth more than 1m€, so it can't be so bad

• GeekoineGeekoine Member
    edited October 2015

@realbusiness said:
    I am looking for a SSD VPS.

Uptime and stability matters the most.

Runabove - $5 a month for 4gb / 1Core - KVM (France)

Runabove Sandbox project is closing down (anyway, Runabove is blocking port 25)

Arubacloud is good for the price, but 1GB Ram seems to little for your case

I would go with OVH cloud (VPS cloud 1, 8 euros), or, better, iwstack (3 GB RAM + 10 GB SSD=8 euros; or 2GB RAM + 10 GB SAN=8 euros)

Both should have great stability and uptime.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited October 2015

Contabo is your best bet, very reliable and quite fast.

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/3135666

keanu said: You won't find good uptime and stability with that budget

Complete nonsense.

Thanked by 14n0nx